More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by blankgame blankgame

Arrival

In the Galaxy

You arrive in the Tadpole Galaxy soon enough, after just about a week. While you can't see the characteristic tail of the galaxy from inside it, you can see the stars, bright blue stars. To think a thousand years ago, they were just dreaming of seeing this place, with no clue how to get here. To be honest, you still don't even really know how you got here. You never paid enough attention to your spaceship mechanics class, choosing instead to rely on Sasha for when you finally set out to explore.

Your stomach growls and you're reminded that you only packed enough food for a month's journey, hoping to find yourself one of the many hospitable planets around the universe. While you wouldn't starve anytime soon, due to the nutrient reconstruction system, which breaks down your feces into basic matter and adds stockpiled nutrients, it just feels wrong to eat stuff derived from your own shit.

"Sasha? Can you tell me the nearest uncolonized habitable planet?" You say, turning to her as you do so.

She quickly pulls up a holographic image of a planet. It's somewhat smaller than Earth, but Earth is a fairly large planet and you're planning on colonizing for you, not the billions of people from Earth.

"What's the surface composition like?"

"Approximately 48% earth and 52% freshwater oceans."

"Any life forms?"

"Unknown. It has only been mapped, not explored or scanned. I would need to scan it myself to determine that."

You stop for a moment. This could be exactly what you're looking for. Habitable but completely untouched by colonists. It was likely just identified as habitable from a long range scan of a passing cargo ship. Hesitantly, you ask the question, "Can we get there tonight?"

"We can get there in approximately 3 hours."

You sigh in relief. Maybe you could get fresh food.

To the planet or choose a different one?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)