More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GenericEditor168 GenericEditor168

Where is the woman, and what is threatening her?

In a small grove; and there is no woman, just a pre-recorded voice

...A small grove of trees, growing in what is otherwise a desolate area of dead grass. The apparent reason for the trees survival is a pool of water that has spread from a broken cherub. The cherub appears to be a water feature, of the sort found in gardens everywhere that people have money and water, with one key difference: rather than create the illusion of infinite water, as normal water features do, this one seems to actually create infinte water. It's as if a mage saw a water feature, decided they wanted one for their garden, but rather than actually buy one they instead chose to enchant a normal statue to sprout water.

The screaming is coming from a satchel hung from a low-lying branch. I open the satchel, and find inside a recording of a woman's screams, playing on repeat, and a note. Unfolding the note, I read:

Dear the finder of this note,

I apologise for the deception, but I could not think of any other way to attract attention. THEY are after me, I cannot say more, for words have power and the wrong words could strike you from the face of the earth. If you wish to aid me, take the talisman included with this note. If you wish to wash your hands of me and my troubles, simply do not do so.

Sincerely, Jane Doe

Taped to the note is an talisman, of the sort that might be found in a shop also selling healing crystals and chakra re-alignment beads. It depicts, in vivid blue, a half-open eye...

Do I put it on? (If so: what does it do?)

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)