More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by poison ink poison ink

Where does he wake up?

In a grove of trees

Myron slowly came to, staring up at a green blur. With a groan he reached up to his face and straightened his glasses, bringing the green blur into focus. He saw a leafy canopy overhead, swaying gently in the warm breeze as it let quick glimpses of sunlight to break though between the branches. The scribe watched the swaying branches for a minute and enjoyed the breeze as he tried to remember where he was. Sitting up, he found that his body was sore but besides a few rips in his uniform, he didn't seem to have taken any damage.

He ran his fingers through his hair as he glanced around the small clearing, scanning the area. He spotted a journal laying a few feet from him and stared at it, feeling that it rang a bell. Several feet past that, he saw his satchel, which contained his inks and quills. He was glad that he hadn't lost them because he was going to need a lot of ink... to...

As it finally hit him, the scribe gasped and scrambled to his feet, looking wildly around him. He seemed to be alone, but now remembering that he had been travelling into enemy territory, he suddenly felt very . As a scribe, he hadn't been issued a weapon and now his best defense would be swinging a heavy journal at a potential foe. Realizing this, Myron moved to gather the journal and satchel, just in case he would need them. He hadn't planned to carry a journal in the satchel, but there was enough room to fit one in beside his ink and quills. The backpack that had been weighing him down had carried many more books, but as he looked around, he didn't find any more of his belongings.

Now, Myron was lost in a forest, in an uncharted land, on the other side of a wide sea from everything he had ever known, with only his inks and journals for supplies. He quickly patted down his uniform, giving a sigh of relief as he found the small package of dried jerky that he tucked in his pocket in case he got hungry. It wasn't much, but at least it was something to eat. He wasn't sure what he would find to eat in this new land. There was always a risk of strange plants being poisonous and he'd even heard rumors of monster plants in these lands that could devour a man whole.

Not knowing what time it was, or which direction was North, he didn't think it much mattered which way he started walking. He noticed that there seemed to be a faint trail passing through the grove, possibly from local wildlife and decided that it would be easier following a pre-made path.

Tightening the strap on his satchel, Myron moved to start down the path. He hadn't taken more than couple steps before he heard something else moving in the forest and from what he could tell it was getting closer. He ducked down by some underbrush and did his best to hide until the threat passed, but couldn't help taking peek out of it, trying to see what was approaching.

What does Myron see?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)