More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Forcy Forcy

Where is he now?

In Vault Prototype 5L

I snapped out of my trip down memory lane when I heard the blip. Turning my head sharply, I walked towards the communications center and confirmed my suspicions. The silent motion sensors I placed a mile from my shelter detected a vehicle approaching. I clicked some buttons on my keyboard and one of my monitors started showing me the automatic picture that was taken with the sensor.

http://img18116.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=672806465_Van_122_1066lo.jpg

I stared silently at the approaching black van, wondering if they were the group that received my message or if they were killed by another group and their vehicle was stolen. It would certainly be a possibility to consider since my worst fears came to pass last week. Fortunately, I will have a way of verifying that when they approach.

As I waited for them to get closer, I hurried through the complex maze that was my vault to check on the special water supply and make sure everything was in order. On the way, I realized that perhaps one of my future guests could have a big problem if they are claustrophobic because while I tried to make my shelter as welcoming and cozy as possible, it still had the feel of a prison because of the confines of the underground. Even if there is such a problem though, I am cautiously optimistic that they could learn to cope in due time. After all, my vault was pretty awesome and well equipped, if I said so myself.

There were 5 underground levels in all. Right now, I was on the uppermost floor, which I called 5A and, as the closest level to the surface, it was where the main entrance to the outside world is located. It's also where I had my communication center and most of my equipment that relied on radio waves so that the signal would remain strong. The other half of the level held a large lounge with a TV and sofas, as well as the dining area. And it was this area where I was heading in such a hurry.

I looked at the green light that indicated the water from the aquifer was mixed long enough and sighed. I still had some mixed feelings about giving this serum I mixed into the water supply to my upcoming guests without actually telling them about the permanent side effects but, with a zombie apocalypse starting to get into full swing I couldn't afford them panicking and refusing my serum. It's simply my best option in a terrible situation and as such I will make due.

Nodding to myself once I was extra certain I was ready, I headed back to the communication center, just in time to see them park their van through my monitor. Immediately, four young women jump out of the car and approach the entrance; one of them ringing the doorbell over and over again while the other three looked back towards the approaching zombies they attracted with the noise of their car.

"Is that you, Carmen?" I asked through the intercom.

"Yes!" She cried out. "Please let us in!"

"What was the password?"

She froze for a second as her nerves made things worse but then her eyes shone when she remembered. "15th of August, 1519! Now, come on!"

Satisfied, I pressed a button and the reinforced steel doors opened and the four girls sprint their way inside. The zombies were still about 10 meters away by the time I locked them again. Then, I took a deep breath and went to meet my guests.

What happens next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)