More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ragnockae136 Ragnockae136

But where do we begin our story?

In Redania's Capital, The Coronation Of King Artur I, The Witcher King

Artur Stood In Full Redania Regalia, As He Was Crowned King Of The Sol Remaining Northern Kingdom Not Felled By Nilfgaard, Internal Strife, Or Political Conspiracies. He Had Discarded His Father's Crown For That Of A More Ornate and Bejeweled Crown. His Queen Stood At His Side, Queen Anais La Vallette, Whose Joining With Him Brought Forth The Temerian Loyalists. Artur Had Rallied Men To His Banner, Men Of Temeria, Redania, Aedirn, and Kaedwen. He Had Mages On His Side, He Had A Witcher On His Side. Letho Of Gulet Had Long Been Artur's Friend, and Now Letho Stood Poised To Truly Revive The School Of The Viper, With Artur As His Benefactor. The Former Kingslayer Was Now Artur's Personal Assassin, and Would Cut Down All His Targets With Cold and Brutal Efficiency.

Ciri Had Forsaken Her Birthright In Favor Of A Witcher's Life, Meaning The Empire Would Be Temporarily Once Empire Was Assassinated As He Inevitably Would In The Wake Of Cirilla's Refusal Of The Throne. Artur Made No Secret His Plans For A Northern Empire, Nor Did Hi Make No Secret Of His Plans For Each Kingdom To Be Ruled By A King, While Ultimately Answering To Artur As The High King. Vernon Roche, John Natalis, Stennis, Saskia, Thaler, Mary-Louisa La Vallete and Ada The White All Shared His Vision. With These Six He Stood Poised Ready To Finally Push Nilfgaard Back In Eternal Defeat. Artur Planned To Name Ada As Temeria's Sovereign Queen, With Saskia Fulfilling The Role Of Queen Of Aedirn, Stennis Would Inherit Kaedwen As An Officially Joined Kingdom With Aedirn. Artur Had Hoped To Bring Queen Meve and Her Kingdoms Of Lyria and Rivia To The Side Of The Northern Empire, But She'd As Of Yet Refused His Letters Of Alliance, That Or She Hadn't Received Them.

Artur Watched As The Nobles Of Temeria, Led By Baroness La Vallete Knelt In Fealty, As Did The Nobles Of Kaedwen and Aedirn Who Were Led By Saskia and Stennis. He Was Handed A Sword By Letho, The New Royal Blade, Of Meteorite Steel and Dimeritium, The Blade Was Long and Curved Like An Elven Blade, The Metals Used To Enhance The Meteorite Steel and Dimeritium Were Mined From Aedirn and Kovir, and The Hilt Held The Head Of A Griffin. Artur's Personal Sigil Was A Banner, With The Redanian Eagle Facing Off Against The Witcher School Of The Griffin's Namesake Beast. The Griffin Was Grey, The Eagle Gold. Artur Raised His Sword Above His Head. "For The North!" Says Artur. The Guardsmen and Nobles Bearing Blades Draw Their Swords and Raised Them High. "For The North!" Says Each One. "Then Let Us Begin The Final Chapter In Nilfgaard's Desire To See Us Broken and Chained!" Says Artur.


Artur, Thaler, Roche, Saskia, Stennis, John Natalis, Mary-Louisa La Vallete, and Ada The White Stood Around The War Table As Pieces Were Placed, The North Stood Ready To Strike The Decisive Blows Leading Up To The Endgame In Nilfgaard's Dreams Of A Successful Invasion and Subsequent Conquest Of The Northern Kingdoms. "We Have A Major Opportunity, Strike At Nilfgaard and Ensure They Never Again Contemplate Invasion, We Will Push Hard Into Occupied Territory, Our Aim? Take Back Vizima. With The Temerian Capital Taken, We Can Fortify and Proceed To March South, Right Into The Heart Of Nilfgaardian Lands." Says Artur. "What Of Lyria and Rivia? Or Toussaint?" Asks Roche. "The Fuck You Think They're Gonna Do? The Winemaking Cocksuckers Are Vassals Of The Empire." Says Thaler. "Thaler Is Right, But As For Lyria and Rivia, Queen Meve Has Yet To Respond To My Letters....Oh, Hang On, It Seems Queen Meve Has Sent Us Her Sons." Says Artur As The Doors Open Revealing Princes Ansèis and Villem. "Forgive Our Tardiness King Artur, We Ran Into Some Trouble On The Way, But We Bring Word From Our Mother, She Commanded Us To Personally Deliver To You This Letter." Says Villem Passing Thaler A Letter, Who Hands It To Artur.

Breaking The Seal, Artur Finds The Letter Reads Thus:

Dear King Artur,

This Letter Formally Acknowledges The Support Of The Kingdoms Of Lyria and Rivia and Their Armies In Your Quest To Finally Defeat Nilfgaard. My Sons Are My Voice In Your Court, and Will Serve You Well. Ansèis Is A Capable Knight, and Is Best Utilised In The Field, My Elder Son Villem Is Best Utilised Politically, He Is A Fine Administrator, Use Them As You Will. I Would Like To Offer You More, But Alas, My Kingdoms Are Still Rebuilding From Villem's Brief Betrayal and The Subsequent Occupation By Nilfgaard.

In Closing, Yours

Queen Meve Of Lyria and Rivia, Widow Of King Reginald

Artur Handed The Letter To Thaler Who Shared It With The Others, Artur Approached Prince Ansèis, and Embraced Him. "Been Far Too Long My Old Friend." Says Artur. "I Share Your Sentiment, I Missed Your Company On The Road Art, How Are You? Still Swinging Strong and True?" Asks Ansèis. "That Depends, Still Got That Recipe I Gave You?" Asks Artur As Both He and Ansèis Laugh In Recollection. "I'm Happy The Two Of You Like Each Other, But In Case You've Forgotten, We've Got To Stick Our Swords and Shields Up Emperor Emhyr's Arse!" Says Thaler, In His Usual Charming Way of Speech. "Quite True, But Let Us Not Forget Common Curtsy. Ansèis, Villem, Meet Thaler, Former Head Of Temerian Intelligence, His Compatriot Vernon Roche, Commander Of The Temerian Guerilla's One Of The Two Surviving Members Of The Disbanded Blue Stripes Special Forces. This Is Saskia, A Dragon and The Leader Of The Aedirnian Volunteer Armies, and Of Course Prince Stennis, Heir Of The Late King Demavend, and Now Ruler Of Kaedwen. You Know Of Letho Of Gulet, Demavend's Killer and My Dear Friend, and Of Course John Natalis, Former Constable Of Temeria and Ada The White, My Step-Mother, Sister-In-Law, and The Eldest Daughter and Child Of King Foltest. Everyone Else You Know Of Already." Says Artur Before Returning To The Table.

"Stennis, You Will March Half Your Forces To La Vallete Castle, Where We Will Begun The Strike Into Occupied Territory, Meanwhile My Forces Will Split Up, Our Cavalry Will Join The Main Battle Regiment, With Temerian Archers, Kaedweni and Aedirnian Infantry, and Mahakaman Beserker Warriors. We Will Consolidate Our Strength, and Attack Occupied Town, Village and City Under The Cover Of Night. In The Meantime, The Temerian Guerilla's Will Begin Raiding Nilfgaardian Supply Caravans, Stealing What They Can, Burning What They Cannot. While This Is All Going On, The Lyrian and Rivian Armies Will Divide Themselves Between Our Lands, Defending What We Cannot and Protecting Our Way Home. Our Ultimate Goal Is The Defeat Of Nilfgaard, But Our Current Primary Is To Take Back Vizima." Says Artur. "A Sound If Complex Strategy." Says Roche. "Letho, I Want You To Focus On Killing The Nilfgaardian Commanders, Our Brothers and Sisters Shall Support You." Says Artur. "Understood, I Shall Depart At Once." Says Letho. "Letho, One Final Note, I Want General Movran Voorhis Alive, He Is A Valuable Political and Military Prisoner. "As You Wish." Says Letho. "Ansèis, John Natalis Will Lead The Main Battle Regiment, But I Want You As Second-In-Command, I Trust You Will Lead The Men Well, Old Friend." Says Artur. "Gladly, My Dear Friend." Says Ansèis. "Now Then, Let Us Discontinue This Meeting and March...." Says Artur As He Leads The Way Outside The War Room.

What's Next On Artur's Agenda........?????

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)