More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Silentstep480 Silentstep480

Pool time or?

If I have anything to say about it, yes.

The tour was over, all the work was done and all that was left was the socialising. It was the worst possible outcome as far as I was concerned. I just sat next to Jen and hid behind my drink, downing two to everyone else's one. Thankfully right after the first round of drinks was downed and the snacks had been sampled, one set of Heidi's friends excused themselves generating all of the nice to meet you's and everything that usually made me uncomfortable, getting them out the way. Heidi left to see them off with her normal care package.

I took the opportunity to whisper in Jen's ear, "So when am I going to see this new suit?"

She chuckled and said out loud, "I don't know that we are even going to go swimming tonight."

"What's that?" asked Pat picking up on Jen's comment as I had hoped.

"Oh, you mentioned having the get together on the pool deck at work so I brought my new suit. I bought it as weight loss motivation and packed it in my bag just in case. Sadly Nick wasn't able to bring his. It didn't seem like we were heading that way anyway so I didn't say anything." She looked at me and said, "You can see it later."

"We brought ours with us too, I haven't been swimming for a long time," Kyle threw out there picking up quickly on the comment.

Pat shrugged and pointed at the hot tub, "Well I just cleaned out and got both the hot tub and the pool up and running, it wouldn't be a housewarming party if the amenities weren't tested out.". He looked at the remainder of Heidi's friends, "Did you two happen to bring suits?"

Heidi returned as they shook their heads. Pat pointed at Jen and I as Heidi gave him a look, "They brought it up," he said defensively.

Heidi shrugged and said, "Pat hasn't had a chance to try out the pool and after he cleaned it, it's all he's been able to think about.". She looked at Pat and said, "not all of our guests have suits, it wouldn't be right."

I shot out, "we're all friends here, I don't mind if you guys swim. Actually, it would be kind of nice to soak my feet in the hot tub after the week I had."

Heidi's remaining friends looked somewhat uncomfortable, between the direction the party had taken and the others leaving. Making some excuses they said they didn't want to keep us from trying out the pool and went to leave as well.

While Heidi busied herself seeing them off Pat said, "I guess that's settled. Shall we go get changed?" Everyone got up and headed to the house while I headed over to the cooler, grabbed another beer and walked over to the hot tub.

Heidi was the first one back out and she looked slightly miffed. Knowing it was mostly my fault but not feeling bad about it I tried to just distract her. "So how do you get this started?"

She walked over and flipped the switch and I saw the hostess in her kicking in as she took a chair and tried to start a conversation with me so I wouldn't be left out here alone. It was only a minute or so later that Kyle's wife came out and sat with us, waiting for the tub to warm up.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)