More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Risax Risax

What happens next?

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR WRITERS.

INFORMATION ABOUT TRAVELS OF A HALF-ELF.

[note: the lists of factions, characters, ect isn't finished so it will be updated once in a while.]

Krist-Krist is a material that was once steel but alchemical substances created in Eroe, kept a secret from the rest of the worlds, and enchantments by the few mages that are left have made the material nearly indestructible. Swords made of Krist are lighter than other swords and don't rust, they will also never break unless a really powerful magic is used. Krist is also able to carry a lot of enchantments.

Krist armor and weapons cost a lot of time and money to make, that makes these weapons and armor very expensive and nearly every warrior tries to gets their hands on some.

Dragonpowder-Dragonpowder is an explosive powder from the land of Zon which can be used as a weapon, both on Zon and in Ereo people have found a way of using it to create guns, cannons and explosives these give your average Joe the same destructive power as a mage. Unfortunately your average Joe can't afford a gun, nobles and some merchants however can. A lot of Zon mercenaries also own a gun, that is why Zon mercenaries are often hired by nobles or rich merchants to protect them.

Alchemical Lights-Alchemical Lights are glass orbs filled with an alchemical substance that gives of light. Every light works differently some of the smaller lights that people carry on their person need to be shaken to turn on, other lights like alchemical streetlights absorb sunlight and use the absorbed light during the night, and then there are the 'Everglow lights' these lights never go off and are hanged in places were it is nearly always dark.

ABOUT TECHNOLOGY.

Since magic is slowly disappearing in the world of Gildan technology has made rapid advancements to compensate for that. Plumbing is around, so there is running water toilets, baths and some showers are around. In some more advanced cities like Eroes there are also elevators and as you see above guns are also around though they are extremely rare. There are no cars or airplanes, though there are some experimental airships (Final Fantasy style) again they are very rare! There might be some sort of air Titanic around though. The printing press also works, and there are latex condoms.

ABOUT FACTIONS.

Ciry-The Ciry are a group of female warriors from the Bloodcliff mountain kingdom. Once a woman becomes a full fledged Ciry she receives tattoos on her arms and hands to show that she is a daughter of Ciry the Goddess of War, a woman with the tattoos also swears never to get married or give birth to a child. If a Ciry breaks those oaths she will be executed, if she does give birth to a child this child will be adopted by others.

The Shades-A group of elite assassins who appeared in the world of Gildan about 50 years ago, they're training and equipment make them some of the deadliest assassins in the world. Not much is known about the Shades expect that the leader of the group is called Ri'saks, it appears to be a title rather then a name, and that they wear 'Shadowcloth' an enchanted piece of clothing that makes it's wearer nearly invisible.

IMPORTANT CHARACTERS.

Anja - Selan's mother, a fierce redhead that joined the Ciry to get out of an arranged marriage. A few years later, however, she met Messaan (Selan's father) when he traveled to Greyrock. They had many late night encounters, and when she found out she was pregnant, they hid in the woods near Greyrock. Now, she still lives in the cabin in the woods with her son, afraid that the Ciry come knocking on her door.

Kim- Kim is a young Ciry who will teach Selan the ways of the sword. And she can act like a mentor to him through most of their travels.

Syla- A female elf that comes to Greyrock to look for Selan's father. She can accompany him on his travels and teach him the ways of magic.

Sofia- The young new wife of the mayor of Greyrock, she was wed to him by her father because of her rebelious attitude back in Aes, because he hoped this would give him trade deals with Bloodcliff. She is stuck in a loveless marriage, with a husband that likes to parade her around as a trophy.

PLACES OF IMPORTANCE

Greyrock- The place were the adventure starts. Greyrock is a rather small town at the foot of 'The Dragon's teeth' (a series of mountains.) Greyrock is protected by the larger city of Bloodcliff, many recruits that want to join the Bloodcliff army first spent time as some sort of city guard in Greyrock. Many rich merchants and nobles also stop in Greyrock on their way to Bloodcliff, because of this the small town has some high class taverns and inn's (Though nothing as fancy as you would find in bigger cities.)

A lot of the stone used for walls and buildings you see, come from Greyrock's quarries.

Eroe- Eroe is the capital of the Eroe Islands. This city has made many technological advancements since the decline of magic. Before the decline of magic Eroe housed the University of Magi a place were mages all around the world would come to study, but now the building is barly in use.

Zon- Zon is a country that is a mix of several cultures of our earths Asia, gunpowder (or Dragonpowder) is from Zon, as well as the famous Zon blades (Zon blades are basicly the same as katana's).

Zon people are easy to recognize there skin always has a golden tan, and some Zon people even have blue, green or bright pink hair (wether this is their naturaul hair colour or it's a dye job people don't now since a lot of Zon people also have black or brown hair) but the most noticeable feature the Zon people have, are their eyes. The irises of their almond shape eyes always seem to burn in the dark you will see a eerie blue glow in their irisis while talking to a blue eyed Zon in a dark place for example.

IMPORTANT CREATURES

Fay- a Fay is a creature of great power, an element that has taken on a human form. Pleasing a Fay ussually brings a human good luck because a Fay can give a human 'gifts' that are not found anywhere else in the mortal realm. More powerfull Fay creatures are also known to protect certain places, like a forest or a lake.

Writers Guidelines.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)