More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

What Happens Next?

I Try To Go Home For Vacation...

Hank and I leave the building feeling somewhat dejected, and after shuffling to my car in silence he finally says something.

}.I am sorry, I had not realized how prejudicial your world was on the subject of women's sexuality.{ Hank explains, but I shrug.

}Proctor Caliper has been gunning for me since I enrolled, you just gave her an excuse: and quite a flimsy one at that,{ I explain.

The statement isn't quite true, she neither knew me nor cared when I enrolled, I was just another legacy student who happened to be the daughter of an old freind from when SHE was a legacy student here in the mid 80s. It took three near simultaneous events to change that into a vitriolic dislike.
1: I was tripped by parties unknown while carrying a beaker of distilled ammonia made from female dog urine during a Potions Prelim she was overseeing: which shattered, dousing the "sensible-but-pretty" shoes her husband gave her the previous day for their anniversary with the stuff.
2: Her husband of 22 years was killed in a hunting accident just over a week later: and somehow could not be resurrected.
3: That Same Day my dear old mum called to ask her to keep an eye on me...

It's funny how life works, isn't it? The same woman that has given me twelve demerits this semester is chosen by the automated assignment system to oversee my Summoning and Binding 101 final... And now she's finally gone and done something so vicious and blatantly vindictive that I can get her censured by the Arch-Dean for sure. The only question on my mind is: }Should I?{

}¿Should You What?{ Hank asks back, and I realize that last thought was broadcast, not just inside my skull.
I've helped him into the car and so as we drive back to my parents house for winter vacation I explain the situation.

}.So, you were exaggerating when you said she's been after you since you enrolled: it started some weeks after that and with a exceptionally difficult to replicate series of events that made her focus her rage over the loss of her husband directly on you.{

}I wasn't 'exaggerating', I was 'simplifying', and from what I hear I just am getting the worst of it, she's turned into a vicious haradin to everyone since her 'better half' died.{ I explain.

}.Be that as it may, I will ask that you not 'simplify' such details in the future.{ Hank states and I duck my head in acknowledgement.

At this point we have arrived at my parents house within walking distance of the coast of Maryland, and I open the back door for Hank to get out of the car. (He's much too big to ride in the front.) As he flinches from the frost-laden ground, I hear my mother talking angrily to my father inside, and I have the horrible feeling I know what about...

What Happens Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)