More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nqjim Nqjim

The story begins

Hitchiking to London?

A Lonely Road miles from nowhere.

The Sun is shining, a little breeze is shaking the leaves of the trees and plays with my hair. I am glad about that, now it has just the right temperature. I don't sweat anymore but also don't freeze under my old shirt. I can smell myself, I smell almost like the inside of an locker room. But the wind turn and brings the smell of freedom to me. It's, a bit of hot asphalt, old oil and garbage can right under the sun. You will never get this perfume at a store but nothing could compare with it right now.
I walked long enough. This isn't a worse place to wait for a car then everywhere else. I have walked long enough and now it's time that my luck does the hard work instead of my feets.
I raise my thumb and look down the road. The first car drives closer, it's an lorry I want to look as friendly as possible and try to show my best smile. It just honks, I jump back and fall down on my butt. "Thank you asshole!" I shout after getting back on my feet but it's already disappearing in the distance. The next three cars drive by too but at least they seem do nicer and don't try to scare me. I start to shiver slightly and the sun is almost completely behind the trees. Then after three hours of hopeless waiting I can hear another car coming. This is my last chance for today and I don't want to sleep in the middle of the woods.

It gets louder and louder. I can see a red spot in the distance coming closer really fast. My hand falls down. There is no chance that this car will stop. It's way too fast to notice me. Or so I think and turn around. I can hear it passing me and sigh. But then the noise gets replaced by the screeching of some hardworking breaks. I turn back do fast that I fall almost the second time on my butt. It´s a red cabriolet Sports car looking very expensive, maybe an Jaguar or an Ferrari. I know less about cars then a cat about driving a bicycle. I were never the typical car and sports loving boy. I walk quickly enough to the car to be there before the driver changes his mind but not so fast that he could think that I mean trouble.

Do you reach the car? or drives it away?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)