More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Almax Almax

You'll find the right one eventually though, won't you?

Here's hoping....

Okay, so your spirits are down a fair bit, but that's okay. Everybody gets sad, and there's nothing wrong with letting yourself feel sad, especially when there's a good reason for it! But still....

You walk through the city disappointedly, in your recently-thrown-on clothes. This is a problem you have to face so often, and it's really hard to deal with. The worst part is, it's not even an issue of a small sample size -- there are plenty of really nice guys in the city, and you're a pretty healthy and good-lookin' gal, so it's not like you got unlucky three times in a row or something. It's lots. Lots and lots of times in a row.

So what do you do? Love is something you really shouldn't compromise on. If you gave up what you wanted and just started to date someone for the sake of it, or to fill all of the other affection requirements you're missing out on, it wouldn't last long anyway because they wouldn't be exactly what you want. So you should just soldier on, right? Take it in stride, and keep marching forward until you find the right guy! After all, you only need to get it right once, and then you're set forever, no matter how many times it didn't work out before then.

Well, that's the idea, anyway. But saying all of that again doesn't make you feel any better. You really do want a boyfriend, and even if it was a compromise that you know wouldn't last more than a few months, you almost feel like that could be worth it. Just to get your fill for a bit, you know? Then going back to the workhouse right after. Is that mean, to whoever you choose? Yeah, it probably would be, you can't do that in good faith.... bah, this sucks.

Still, you aren't deterred! Even now, you're actually walking through the city with a purpose -- the purpose of arriving at a bar nearby. And not even to drink your sorrows away all night! You're going to the bar to try your luck again, right off the back of the last disappointment, and see if you can find someone that's more like who you're looking for. So go, you! That's the sort of determination that wins dreams.

Yeah, look at you go! To the bar! Does it turn out well?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)