More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by HenryKajitani HenryKajitani

Where does Lucy go? Her friends? The coffee machine?

Her friends

Lucy approaches the booth Cassy is sitting at and plops down on the other side.

Cassy looks up from her coffee to Lucy, "You look bored out of your mind."

"That's because I am," Lucy replies, laying her head down and sprawling her arms across the table. "This place is sooo boring."

"What else is new?" Kate speaks up. "Even when we have customers, this isn't exactly the most exciting job in the world."

Lucy sighs and struggles to further express her boredom.

Cassy takes another sip of her coffee and tries to console her two friends, "At least you two are actually getting paid for this. Customers or not, you are getting paid for being bored or anything else. That has to count for something."

At Cassy's consolation, Kate's ears perk up. A twinkle in her eye alerts Lucy and Cassy to Kate's thoughts. "Anything..." Kate mutters.

Lucy is a tad apprehensive about Kate's sudden mood change. "You know, maybe Cassy is right. It's boring, but at least we are getting paid for it." She glares at Kate. "And we aren't getting into trouble."

Cassy looks at Lucy. "Oh come on Lucy, Kate just wants to help spice up the morning. You could at least give her a chance."

Kate approaches the booth and slides in next to Lucy, pushing her to the wall. "Yeah. Come on, Lucy, at least give me a chance. Or did you actually like cleaning those tables over and over?"

Lucy sits back up straight and sighs, "Alright, alright. Since Cassy is up for it, I'll hear what you have to say."

What does Kate suggest?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)