More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Becki C Becki C

Does Helen read the spell?

Helen reads the spell

"Are you going to read it then?" Adam said nudging his girlfriend playfully. The two of them were now standing in front of the desk, with their chairs pushed a little to the side. The book lay open, still waiting to be read.

"Fine!" said Helen, gently slapping Adam's teasing prods away. "I'm just... trying to take it all in. I don't want to get this wrong." She loosened and retied her hair into a messy ponytail. Sighing deeply, Helen read the spell for the tenth time, though this time she said it out loud. Her voice quavered and she stumbled over some of the more unusual words, but she managed to reach the end without any errors.

Adam initially found the whole thing amusing, but began to reconsider things as he felt goosebumps forming all over his body. The room seemed to darken and suddenly, with a flash, everything returned to normal.

"Oh...," Helen sighed as she began to sway before collapsing backwards. Adam reacted in time and caught her in his arms, carefully guiding her down to sit back down onto her office chair.

"Helen, are you ok love?" Adam's heart started to quicken as his girlfriend sat slumped and unmoving in her chair.

"I'm fine," came Helen's voice, but her lips hadn't moved! "You should see your face right now, it's hilarious."

"What the fuck! It worked? Where are you?" Adam was well and truly in a panic, his head scanning the room desperately for the source of his girlfriend's ghostly voice.

"I'm right in front of you, you muppet," Helen chided, revelling in her boyfriend's confusion. "Looks like the book is magic after all then?"

"Well, obviously!" Adam said, beginning to calm down. His eyes began to register the outline of Helen's astral form. Her petite frame shimmered in and out of focus as she stood only a few inches away from him. If he didn't know she was there Adam doubted he would have noticed her. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"I am a bit!" Helen said as she started to glide around the room. Her body passed through any objects in her way as if they weren't there. "But I didn't cast this spell just so I can float around for a bit. I want to possess someone!"

Adam's spine tingled as he felt Helen's spirit-like body draw in closer to him. "Hey, you're not planning on possessing me are you? Surely there are more interesting people you could try that out on?"

Who does Helen possess?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)