More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Nemo of Utopia Nemo of Utopia

Which Character's Story Do You Wish To Read?

Hehrakkess (Male "Adult" Blue Dragon: Semi-Quest...)

Hehrakkess woke with the practiced quiet of one of the last surviving chromatic dragons in all of Vineland. Someone was trying to rob him, AGAIN, which in turn meant that it was time to move: AGAIN. For the past 100 years this policy had served him well, the third time a band of "adventurers" attempted to enter his cave or other lair and rob him, he pulled up stakes and looked for a new lair. He was disappointed that his Kobold minions had let the Adventurers get far enough in to locate his hoard, but such was life...

That's odd, they've just put the book BACK... Hehrakkess thought, instinctively knowing that his copy of "The Innsbruck Chronicles; Volume 3: The Old Woodsman's Tales." (a signed first edition, from fifty-two years ago, and part of his personal library,) had just been placed back on its shelf, IN its assigned place, after being opened, carefully turned to page 123, skimmed briefly, then closed again, unharmed...

Hehrakkess extended his Draconic senses outward, and determined his opposition...

Three Elves, all female and generously endowed for their kind. Their hair was long and bound in a single braid that would trail on the ground several feet were it not wrapped around their waists several times. The cable was a total of ten feet long in each case: Hehrakkess estimated. They wore no badge or sign, but their kinship was obvious for any with wit to look, sisters, not identical, separated by no more than a decade from eldest to youngest, but all of the same Sire and Dam... Each had chosen a different profession, one was a Thief or Traps-Mistress, armed only with a brace of daggers: the second a warrior, armed with the matched pair of scimitars which had been in vogue among Elvish Warriors since before Hehrakkess was hatched; the third a Sorceress, armed only with a rune inscribed staff, a ritual dagger, and her belt knife...

With them were a pair of humans, again sisters, but in this case identical twins. Theirs was a closer tie: one appeared to be a druid by training, while the other bore heavier armor and weapons, ones more suitable for an Inquisitor. However no religious kinstrife would mar their duality, both proudly wore the acorn-and-oak-leaf mask of Obad-Hai, and carried the enameled decanters of holy water which marked them as adherents of his aspect as "The Lord Of The Waters".

A clear adventureing party, but something about them was OFF, they had taken down the book, skimmed a single page, put it back and now were... Waiting...?


This story is going to go a little differently from my Kurvannug Storyline. There will be no votes, no leading questions, I just stop when I feel it's time for a chapter break, and wait for suggestions. When I get one or more suggestions I like, or just am inspired to continue, I write the next chapter...

What Happens Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)