More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dinodino3 dinodino3

Are you ready?

Head towards the Castle!

The castle looms overhead in the dark sky. Flashes of lightning illuminate tall towers and thick walls of stone. The castle from your nightmares is just ahead. You notice your breath quickening reflexively. You anxiously check your equipment, making sure your sword and shield are at hand, and your form-fitting leather armor is strapped tight. The walk up to the castle seems to last forever.

"Relax. You have been trained for this..." You tell yourself.

You think back to your training-- remembering the bruises left by your instructors during sparring, each wound a lesson to make you stronger. Now, not a single one of those instructors can land a blow on you in combat. Your skill and prowess has exceeded all expectations, and for that reason you have been given this task. You steel yourself in preparation.

The new moon conceals your approach. The heavy rain masks your footsteps. Up ahead is the castle drawbridge. It crosses a deep moat, and a raised palisade allows free entry into the castle. Perhaps it is left open to invite challengers deeper into the lair.

"Like a mouse to cheese." You whisper aloud. "More like walking into the spider's web..." The brazen confidence of the Vampire Queen will be her undoing.

You scan the castle.

A patch of ivy runs down a high tower to your left, with some luck it could be scaled.

The gate lies open before you, daring you to enter.

The tension is like a knot in your stomach, but you are unwavering. You are ready.

You will:

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)