More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CurvyLinesEverywhere CurvyLinesEverywhere

From nearby, came the faint sound of rushing water.

He slowly began moving towards the wetness...

Shiroe struggled to his feet. Standing was awkward, and walking even more so, but he pushed through the ordeal until he could walk normally.

He followed the river downstream, and in time, he saw a city in the distance.

As he drew closer, Shiroe got his first look at the people of this world. He saw species that looked similar to Humans, Elves, and Half-Felinoids, among others. He noticed their medieval weaponry and what was likely spellcasting equipment. He noticed bright metals and bold fabrics. At a glance, this world seemed to lack both the filth and disease of medieval Europe, and the widespread of medieval Japan.

Most of all, Shiroe noticed the way people presented themselves. The men seemed reserved... even subdued, both in dress and behavior, while the women seemed to wear their emotions- and little else- on their sleeves.

In fact, many of the women wore incredibly impractical-looking outfits, the sorts of things that one would expect to see only during Special Events back in the world of Eldar Online and only at cosplay conventions back on Earth. Bare midriffs were common, and exposed cleavage was all but ubiquitous. Shiroe briefly wondered what sort of magic caused these outfits to actually function like armor? Or was it simply an intrinsic property of this world that chain-mail bikinis provided a full armor bonus? He made a mental note to investigate this principle later.

The gates of the city were wide open, so Shiroe entered. As he walked along the main street, he began to overhear conversations and read signs. Either it was all in Japanese, or else he understood the native language as though it were Japanese. Shiroe squinted at the sign on a relatively upscale inn. "Party's Rest." He tried to remember how to express those words in his previous life, but it was like trying to remember the details of a dream. The harder he tried, the faster it slipped away.

Looking into the plate glass window of the establishment, Shiroe considered his reflection. He decided his armor and clothes probably didn't look too out of place in this world, although his glasses stood out. So far, he hadn't seen glasses on anyone who didn't look like a female magic-user of some sort. He hoped that it wasn't taboo for men to wear them. He didn't know the social conventions of this world yet.

"Hey there. Can you do me a favour?"

Shiroe's eyes focused on the reflection of the woman who'd spoken. She seemed to be addressing him. She seemed strong and outgoing, but not violently aggressive. Shiroe pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and turned to face her.

"That might depend," he said politely. "What is the favor?"

"I'm feeling hungry," the tall, dark and muscular woman said. "Why don't you run in and grab me a snack?" A coin flicked into her hand. "Specifically, the house's special. It's a kind of muffin you can only get here..." She frowned slightly. The man in front of her didn't look trustworthy at all. Not aggressive or dangerous, perhaps. But slightly ominous. He had the look of a person who was always thinking. And there was something slightly off about the shape of his pupils.

"So... muffins are available here," he mused, looking the inn over as if he had gained a newfound respect for it.

"Yes. I got something else to do out here, you see," she continued, flashing a winning smile and running a hand through her hair.

What can a man possibly say to that?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)