More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Bauer1 Bauer1

What does Major Delvin want? New orders?

He has a mission for her.

Erisi met Major Delvin and his escorts at the top of the ramp and threw the Major a sharp salute. "Major Delvin, I....."

"Troopers. Scan this entire ship for listening devices." Delvin ordered, interupting Erisi brusquely.

Erisi just about managed to bite her tongue on the rebuke she had on her lips as the two Stormtroopers pushed their way past her-just another carefuly planned indignity by the Major, Erisi mused darkly- and each began sweeping the ship with portable scanners designed to locate recording devices. Erisi suspected that the Stormtroopers also had been given orders to poke through the shuttle and find anything incriminating or embarrassing for her.

As the two Soldiers swept through the shuttle Erisi regarded the Major. For the first time she noticed the attache case in his left hand. From the way he clutched the case, the constant glances at the ramp to the shuttle and the way his other hand rested on the blaster pistol on his hip Erisi knew that the Major clearly valued the contents of the case very highly. Despite her immense dislike of the man, she found herself curious as to what he had to say.

"Ship is clear, sir." One of the Stormtroopers announced flatly through his helmet.

"Very good, Sergeant." Major Delvin replied. "Stand gaurd at the bottom of the ramp. I will be along shortly."

The two Stormtroopers nodded and quickly exited the ship via the boarding ramp.

Erisi indicated to the small living quarters of the shuttle. "Follow me, Sir."

Delvin nodded and followed her. Erisi could feel the Major's eyes on her ass every step of the way, and another wave of disgust coursed over her body. How dare he? Didn't he know who she was? Didn't he know who her father was? Of course he did, she sighed to herself. It was all part of the game with Delvin.

"So, how did things go with the Corellian diplomat?" Delvin asked off-handedly.

"I filed my report before I left Corellian space sir, as per your orders." Erisi replied bluntly, unable to hide the anger in her voice. From the small smirk that lifted his lips it was evident that he scored a point, and reveled in her insubordinate tone.

"I recieve many reports Operative Rendar. Some of higher importance than others." Delvin stated, his voice as oily as a Hutt's skin. "In fact what I have here in this case takes precedence over anything I have seen in a long time. As you know the Empire has managed to turn a positive spin on the debacle on Yavin IV and the mess that fool Tarkin left us with the mess of the destruction of Alderaan."

Erisi suppressed a grim smile. Before the destruction of the Star nobody, not even an ISB Major would have dared make an insult of the Governor. Tarkin certainly had the ear of the Emperor-rumor had it that the Emperor had given Tarkin limited authority over Lord Vader- and Erisi doubted that Tarkin would have destroyed Alderaan without the express wishes of Palpatine.

"Yes Sir. We have flooded the Holonet with reports that the Rebellion commandeered an Imperial Planet Cracker, which is designed to destroy and harvest the valuable materials of dead moons and asteroids. Then they used the planet cracker on Alderaan, threatening to destroy all planets which refused to join their cause. The reports say that a team of Imperial Commandos and pilots infiltrated the station and destroy it. Sacrificing themselves for the safety of the galaxy."

"Indeed. Since the Battle of Yavin, applications to the armed forces has increased by 6%." Delvin said. "Imperial Propaganda department are creating a big budget Holodrama about it, and the incredible bravery and sacrifice of the soldiers and Tarkin himself-who was taken hostage when the Rebels captured the station. Figures suggest that applications may go up to 14% when the Holodrama is released." Once again Delvin couldn't wipe the sneer of his face, when talking about Tarkin.

Delvin put the case on the small table in front of him, and placed his thumb on the biometric scanner built into it. A second later the case beeped softly and opened. Delvin pulled out a handheld Holo-projector. "Tell me, Rendar. What do you know of Illium Prime?" He asked, as he turned on the projector, revealing a largely blue planet.

"Illium Prime, luxary pleasure planet. Owned by Durga the Hutt, Vigo for the Black Sun criminal organization. Caters for the young and wealthy, humans primarily. If you have the money then all your fantasies can be fulfilled. Stimulants and sex are in huge supply." Erisi, stated recalling Imperial Intelligence reports, unable to fully disguise the disgust in her voice.

"Correct, Operative Rendar." Delvin said. "Also one of the main hubs of acquiring and selling black market information. Pretty much everything the New Order despises. Once the Alliance has been crushed, I'm sure the Emperor will turn his attention to riding the galaxy of the Hutts."

Erisi rolled her eyes theatrically at that. The Hutts have been around for thousands of years, back when Revan and Darth Malak were waging war on the Old Republic. "I take it that Illium has something to do with the Star." Erisi asked impatiently.

"My contacts on Illium tell me that there is evidence that the Empire destroyed Alderaan, and that Tarkin had authority from the Emperor personally to use the Star to destroy planets that he suspected of harboring Rebel agents." Delvin was silent for several moments to let the implications settle in. "Do you realize what can happen if this came into the open?" He asked her, his eyes suddenly tight with worry.

"Yes sir, massive increase in Alliance support, potential for resignations in our armed forces-especially from those who hail from Alderaan. Plus, the knowledge that it was an Imperial Battlestation that was destroyed. People may think that the Alliance could win this conflict, and openly defy the Empire."

"Precisely." Delvin stated. For once the scorn was gone from his expression, and her regarded her with the respect he would give his male operatives. "I want you to infiltrate Illium, meet up with my contact in the resort on the South of the planet. Locate the source and secure the information by any means necessary."

"Why me sir?" Erisi asks, excited at the prospect of a mission of huge importance, but disgusted at the thought of stepping foot on a Hutt owned world, especially one which openly indulges in sex and other vices.

"My male operatives are designed to blend into the environment of most planets: average men, forgettable faces. On Illium they will they will stand out like a Wookie at an Imperial banquet." Delvin answered after a long pause. "You with your, er 'attributes' will blend in and be able to locate the information."

"When do I leave?" Erisi asks, too excited to be angry at Delvin's customary perving at her luscious body.

"Tonight. You leave on the luxary liner The Jewel Of Coruscant at 20:00 hours." Delvin hands her a small pack. "In there is a chip giving you access to an account with over 200,000 Imperial Credits should you need them. You also have a reservation at the resort's finest hotel, the tickets for The Jewel, information, where to meet your contact and everything we have on the source. You may encounter Alliance Operatives on this mission. Good luck Rendar."

With that Delvin puts the projector back into the case, locks it, picks up the case and walks down the ramp without a backwards glance, leaving the beautiful operative alone with her thoughts, and the most important mission in recent ISB history.

Stay with Erisi or move to the Alliance agents?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)