More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ulap38 Ulap38

Stay with Erisi or move to the Alliance agents?

A third party

Nesma Lia walked through the corridors of Stragos' palace. She turned heads as she made her way to her destination. She was Theelin, well, partly Theelin. Frankly she wasn't sure if there were any pure-blooded Theelins left in the entire galaxy. Her bright pink, almost white skin, along with her bright blue hair, dark spots along her arms and neck, and her three long fingers made her stand out even among a diverse group of aliens. Of course her curvy figure, heavy breasts, narrow waist, and thick backside would have turned heads even without her exotic appearance. However as far as any of them knew, she was just a dancer, or maybe one of the various divas that were popular among her kind. While she was capable of, and enjoyed, both such activities, in truth she was a highly trained spy and occasional assassin.

The palace staff was on edge, everyone from guards to cooks were animatedly speaking to each other in tense whispers. Then again, this was to be expected when a Vigo of Black Sun dies. Well, killed to be more exact.

Vigo Green had been with the organization for a long time, before Nesma herself had been brought into the group as a teenager. He theoretically should have known better, but geed's a hell of a thing. Underlord prince Xizor had learned that Green had been working as a spy for another group, and had him subsequently murdered. Word had it that Xizor's android bodyguard, Guri, had strangled Green to in front of the rest of the Vigos. Nesma didn't know if that was true, but she had no trouble believing it. She had only met the old human a couple times, each time he would lecherously gaze at her, forcing her to hold back disgust. She would not miss him. However, Xizor would want to know how far down Green's treachery went through his organization. That meant each of the dead human's sub-Vigos would be under the proverbial microscope. A few sub-Vigos had already been killed, the remainder were on edge as well as plotting to prove their loyalty to Xizor in the hope one of them would be appointed to take fallen leader's place.

Stragos was among Green's surviving sub-Vigos, and considered a prime contender to ascend to the Council of Vigos. Of course, he wasn't the only one. Nesma could only assume that was why her employer had summoned her to his palace with such urgency. Two Cathar, large feline humanoids, stood outside Stragos' office. Recognizing her, one pressed the intercom, saying a few words in the Cathar tongue, consisting of a series of low growls. After hearing a reply, he turned back to her.

"He is expecting you," he said in accented Basic, opening the door for her.

"Thank you," she said politely, walking inside into the lavish office.

Like his guards, Stragos was also a Cathar, albeit a middle-aged specimen with a few streaks of gray in his fur. His age didn't impact the fact he was still a massive being, corded with muscles, with sharp claws capable of tearing apart most opponents. Like her, he had started as an assassin before branching out and becoming a big enough earner in the organization to merit his position as sub-Vigo. His ferocious appearance was at odds with his fine garments, the rival of any politician in the Core Worlds.

"Nesma, please sit," his Basic was better than his guards', but there were still hints of low growls in his tone, which tended to linger on "r" sounds. Nesma had always found it kinda pleasant herself.

She nodded, sitting in the furnished chair across from his desk. "Your message sounded urgent."

"Indeed. It would seem are late, unlamented employer, has inadvertently left us with a grand opportunity. Are you familiar with the story going around that the Rebellion stole a planet-cracker to attack Alderaan?" He asked.

"I remember thinking it was nerf-shit," Nesma recalled.

"Hmf, as did I. It seems we were both right. I recently received a coded, anonymous message from a deep-cover spy that Green himself put within Durga the Hutt's organization on Illium Prime."

Green and Durga had been rivals ever since the Hutt had been put on the Council of Vigos. Their rackets frequently overlapped each other, causing the two to constantly attempt to undermine each other. Illium Prime was a paradise for sex, , and all sorts of vices run by a Zeltron operation that answered to Durga. The planet raked in millions of credits to Durga's, and by extension Black Sun's purse. Getting a viable spy inside would have been a coup had Green lived long enough to benefit from it.

"What did this spy learn, and can we trust it?" Nesma asked, leaning forward with interest. She smirked lightly when she caught Stragos' eye wonder briefly to her cleavage before quickly reasserting himself. He had a lot more discipline than most males she'd known.

"I'm not certain if we can trust the information. As I said this spy was deep cover and answered directly to Green himself. He, she, it, or otherwise may not even know Green is dead. I intercepted the signal while going through some of Green's leftover files. However, this is too big to pass up, if true." He paused, his voice lowering. "The spy says that the truth was that Moff Tarkin used a superweapon called "The Star", with permission from the Emperor himself, to destroy Alderaan."

While not surprised the Empire was responsible, but the fact that the Empire had had such a weapon to begin with was..scary. She knew Prince Xizor had some kind of arrangement with the Emperor, but wasn't sure of the extent of it.

"We need this information, Nesma. Not only could it mean securing our position as successors to Green's resources, but Black Sun's future itself," Stragos said with building intensity.

"How? The Underlord is allied with the Empire. Wouldn't he he conceivably already know this?" Nesma asked.

"Most likely, but it can still aid us. We could, a. Deliver to Xizor to assure my ascent to the Council, or b. Deliver it to the Alliance with guarantees of future consideration."

Nesma had no love for the Human-supremacist Empire, and while the Rebellion had gained some ground, she wasn't certain they would win.

Stragos continued. "Vigo Sprax is a known Rebellion sympathizer. We arrange for his support to curry favor with Xizor in exchange for the intel once we have it. Either way, we need that information, and the spy who carries it, to assure any find of future bargaining position.

Nesma smirked, sitting back in her chair. "And a sexy Theelin dancer would cause little to no suspicion on a planet like Illium Prime," she said, guessing Stragos' logic.

The Cathar smirked back, a slight reveal of his incisors. "As you say."

"Any chance any of the other sub-Vigos caught this?"

"I'd like to say "no", but I am not certain. You should leave as soon as possible," he answered back. "Our slicers and forgers have already arranged a cover identity, along with references who owe me favors. All information I have on your destination will be downloaded to your datapad. I trust I don't need to stress how important it is that Durga not be made aware that this information in practically in his lap."

Nesma stood up. "You do not. Am I allowed to kill anybody?"

Stragos' grinned a feral smile. "Would I send you otherwise?"

Nesma smiled back. "You know how to treat a girl, boss."

Prep or straight to Illium prime?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)