More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by 229 229

How does she start?

He's the problem

"Now, Mr. Wallace, I'm not going to mince words. I read what you sent me and I'd prefer not to spend a dozen sessions getting to know you before telling you what is obvious from two sentences. You have a massive problem with your ego. It's obvious, and while I normally wouldn't be so blunt, you're here for a reason, and it's that you are ruining your relationship by refusing to admit that you have flaws, just like anyone else."

Jack was furious. Who was she to insult him like that? He got of the couch angrily. "Look you fraud, I don't have to take this from you! I'm leaving, and-"

"You and your girlfriend disagree!" she says, talking over him, "You think she's wrong, she think's you're wrong! She thinks she knows better than you, that you don't know what you're talking about! You get mad, and you fight! She says she can't deal with it, that you're impossible to deal with! You're insulted, and you fight! She makes you see me, and I tell that you're not perfect! You tell yourself that you don't have to listen to this! Sound familiar?"

He paused, it did sound familiar. Had his girlfriend told her how it had happened?

"The reason you don't want to listen to me is because you're afraid of what I'm saying. You're afraid, because I'm right." she said, softer now that he had stopped talking. "If I wasn't, you wouldn't mind it so much. But it's okay to be flawed. We all are."

"Hmph." he sat back down. "I'm not scared, you're just wrong. But sure, I'll humor you a little longer." He couldn't leave now that she'd said that it would be because he was scared, and he was paying her, so it wouldn't be a good idea to just leave, really.

"That's fine with me. I'd like to try an exercise with you."

What does she want to try?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)