More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by erozoom erozoom

Who finds the remote?

Hazel Kelley, a shy nerdy collage student

Barely keeping my eyes open, I watch out of the bus window. The rain poor down onto the passing streets in the dead of night. Normally I would be home right at class ends just so that I can binge some anime. unfortunately multiple things are keeping me from doing that. One is the ever growing list of assignments from collage, and the other is my own mother. she's express way too much worry that I'll be a shut in with no friends if I do that too much. Can't say that she's wrong about it either.

You know, being a introvert has its own set of problems. Besides those that I occasionally hang out with in class and sometimes lunch. It's usually just me. If I was being honest with myself, I'll say that everyone that I do hang out with do most of the talking anyway. funny enough its those that clamed to be introverts that bothered to sit next to me at lunch. Not sure if they are saying that to make me feel better, or completely clueless about it as they hold multiple conversations at the table. Don't really care, doesn't bother me too much. While I'm pretty sure they tend to forget about me, I am still happy to be included for at least a little while. better then those eccentric types.

"Wish I can be more involved"

"You sound like you need a change in your life dearly." a mysterious voice said soon follow by a chuckle.

With a slight jump I quickly Turn my head to the person sitting right next to me. Spying an elderly women with graying hair, with a bright smile looking right at me. her clothes has wear on them, as they look to be sown together a few times. Despite her appearance she is more put together them me. Thought that isn't too hard to do. Her eyes hold a since of eagerness to them.

"I might be able to help you with that. In fact It could change your whole world."

oh god not another one

With a fluid motion that no women in her age should have, she pull out a simple looking remote. nothing more then two buttons and a screen. The old gray remote got a little antenna sticking out of the top of it. Seems older then most of the things I have back at home.

"With this Random remote you can literally provide some change in your life and those around you." She says all too happy to explain. "I'll be happy to sell it to you for only a dollar if you so wish."

A dollar? That cheaper then most candy bars. For a device that supposedly can change my life, this sound like something from a bizarre dream.

"what does this remote do exactly?" I ask, as she plastered a grin on her face.

"I could tell you, but it's more fun to learn for yourself. what do you say?"

"I-I suppose I could buy that." I said feeling uneasy with her. Normally for a sales person you can just decline and get on with your day, but with her I feel it might be more of a hassle to ignore then just buy the thing.

pulling out a dollar, I handed it to the woman, as she handed me the remote.

"Have fun, now remember once you used it, you cant go back. Take care now." she said giving me a smile.

With raise eyebrows I gave the remote a quick glace.

"What do you mean by... eh?" I stop mid question to notice that she is gone. not move to another seat mine you, but gone gone. there are only a small handful of people in the bus its shouldn't be possible to just straight up and disappear like that. After a quick look around to make sure that she is trully gone, i focus my attention back to the newly acquire device in my hand.

Do you try out the remote now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)