More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TurinTurambar TurinTurambar

What should you do now?

Have a nap

You decide the day has been tiring enough and you could use some sleep before dinner. Exhausted, you lie down on the small bed, and soon enough, you feel the onset of sleep.

You become lucid in the middle of an odd dream involving three sheep, a derelict spaceship, a bowl of cornflakes and three very beautiful young girls. You manage to change the dream a bit, but soon it collapses and you wake up, barely feeling any better than before. You get up and walk through your cabin in small circles, hoping for some peace of mind, but it doesn't really help. Eventually, you lie back down and drift off for what feels like minutes, before you wake up again and notice it's time for dinner.

You come to the dining area right on time, the rest of the crew is already here. Two more people, the other passengers most likely, are there too. A young, black-haired men who looks to well-dressed to be from the outer systems, introduces himself as Simon and the girl next to him as his sister River - a cute, slighly unkempt-looking brunette of maybe 5'4 and a tiny frame, but a hauntingly beautiful face. She smiles shyly, but says nothing. You take the empty chair and just listen to their light conversation. Quickly you gather the names you haven't gotten so far - the mercenary is called Jayne, the second-in-command Zoe (she's married to the pilot), and the Shepard's name is Book.

The group has an odd way of making you feel welcome, and soon you join in on the conversation, telling some stories about your past - nothing too telling of course, even though these guys are clearly not the most core-friendly folks, you don't want them to know the feds are after you. Simon and Inara seem to like having someone else from the core to talk to, Shepard Book has an incredible aura of wisdom around him and is really interesting to talk to. Kaylee already talks to you like a friend - her vibrancy is incredibly adorable. She seems like a girl who wouldn't say no to a quick fuck in the engine room, maybe you should try your luck? The captain is rather reserved, but still polite, and so is Zoe. Wash cracks one joke after the other, Jayne mostly just eats or gives a snarky comment, and River now and then ogles you with an unreadable expression, but doesn't talk at all.

They don't have the great food you're used to, but it tastes well enough and fills you up. The company breaks up and you go back to your room. It has been an eventful day, and you decide to hit the hay.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)