More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Naruyashan Naruyashan

What's the plan, soldier?

Hail the Vehicle! What could go wrong?

You suppose that at the very least, you may as well face potential head-on instead of curling up into the fetal position and crying... even if the latter is awfully tempting right about now. You rise to your feet quickly, marginally more emboldened than you were a few moments ago- then immediately crumple to the ground, your legs tingling with the pain of what most call 'Pins and Needles' and what your regiment calls 'Frak! Damn! Shit, that hurts!'. If the latter term were to spread outside of the regiment, it is entirely likely that most civilized races would adopt it quickly, since it's far more accurate. 'That's right,' You think. 'I've been lying still for several hours.' It is while you deal with this sudden realization that the vehicle begins to become a bit more clear.

You almost instantly recognize it off of instincts alone. After all, the Chimera is one of the most common and versatile transports available to the Astra Militarum... or was is the Imperial Guard? The Solar Auxilla? You can never be sure with all the name changes that have recently been coming from Terra. Most have decided to instead refer to them as 'The Wall of Guns', a moniker that fits almost as well as 'The Soon-To-Be Pile of Bodies'.

The rumbling of an engine and the sound of treads on what probably used to be a rather nice road reminds you of the task at hand thoughts on the best name for your branch of the military pushed to the side. As the blocky shape of the vehicle becomes distinct enough for you to confirm that what you're looking at is indeed a Chimera as opposed to a misshapen Leeman Russ-Seriously, who's idea was it to give the blasted things the same chassis? Durability be damned, that's just confusing!-the markings on the hull become more and more clear...

How lucky are you?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)