More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by dick88 dick88

First things first: What does the 'Ship' look like?

Guidelines

Notes: No Aliens (unless it's a synonym of foreigners)
However I do believe that genetic engineering (aka gene splicing) may become acceptable in the future; so go wild with the future reptilian/furry looks of people as long as it's clear they are modified homo sapiens sapiens.

Notes: No Sentient Robots (Artificial Intelligences). Pet Droids (yes the can look like R2), "love dolls" (well why not?), and Virtual Intelligence (similar to Siri; more advanced and less frustrating you hope)

Notes: I actually let you customize the name of the ship including the crew and the captain. And it will be reflected in the story that I write. However I can't create a individual personalities based on your preference, which I'm very sorry about. But that is a lot of writing.

Main Point: The vast majority of the story I envision is a rag tag group of people doing odd jobs (some jobs might not be so well 'legally' defined as 'perfectly legal'). They explore the contemporary culture of the 'world' around them. Plus they should have interesting adventures (sexy time and what not, spies, bank heists, space racing, ect.) and more often than not character interactions.

Outline: As for the crew, There are at most 12 openings for crew members (the number includes the captain), and there are 7 necessary post for optimal run, bare minimum of 3 crew members (Pilot, Engineer, Cap) for the ship to run.

Captain (Filled by you, although try to keep it in third person, you can speiallize in any of the following fields),

Pilot [Auto-pilot is the co-pilot and a VI (Virtual Intelligence)] (is in charge of maneuvers and navigation, plus ship communication) ,

Security Chief (not in charge or software security only physical),

Head Medical Physician (medical stuff, people get sick in space),

Chief Engineer (engines, hull integrity, power grid, life support systems, is their top priority everything else is secondary),

Tech Specialist (in charge of all 'computers' [except personal devices] and internal software [plus security suites]) ,

Tactical Operation's Chief (in charge of all explosive ordinance, weapons, ship mounted weapons and personnel transports)

As for the cook, we got machines to do that, or not.

Tip: I expect temp passengers are exceed the crew numbers, but it's a max load of 20-25 occupants (time limit of 15 days), it will be super cramped, including the crew (12), so 8-15 more people (enough for a mutiny :P).

Space Tip: Also the time to travel should take from prime planet to prime planet (major (big) planets in their 'separate' orbit) is about 1 month. If they in habit the same orbit (rotate around each other, earth/moon relationship) 1-2 days - a week and a half. These are of course assuming straight line and no stops plus closest point-point destination.

Bonus Tip: While the vast majority of star-ships are referred to as Interplanetary (IP) that is only a reference to its 'travel license'. That decides how far a ship is allowed to travel, yours for the moment is bound to the Copious star system.

Extra Bonus Tip: Every star-ships built in the last 3 Generations have the capability for FTL (faster-than-light) travel because the IF Gov dictated the necessity to mobilize star-ships for any emergency or equal necessary event.

Try to be plausibly realistic, thank you.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)