More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by ntaylor ntaylor

What path Alexandra should follow ?

Green lantern

All is well for a second. Bruce is swinging closer, attracted by the emergency beacon of the servers being purged. I prepare to move, when Zee appears out of thin air with Stewart. Bruce lands on the rooftop surprised to see us. She looks to me and says " Alexandra, please ... he is going to kill your father. " Bruce is confused, without Oracle his communications are slower, but he is getting a signal from the Cave. It's Alfred.

Lantern Steward looks at me and reaches his hand on my direction " The ring ... told me ... you have what it takes. Activate emergency ... protocol. " The green ring flies from his hand, I raise my right hand to the sky and the voice is heard, as the ring rests on my middle finger.

" Alexandra of Olympus, you have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.”

And is done, with a sentence all the stealthy plans of Damian shatter. The ring starts reading my will and executes my orders. " Analysing report of Lantern Stewart. Sending report to Lantern Kilowog. Wounded detected. Initiating medical protocol. Incoming emergency transmission. "

The green ring shines on my hand and involves gently Zee and Stewart. slowly cleaning their cuts.

Kilowog voice is heard " Reporting during an emergency ? While healing a Lantern ? You are the opposite of the hotshot. Not rushing into danger can save your life. I read your report, go ahead. Save the day. I fill the papers. "

My ring shines and sounds " Lantern Kilowog, Lantern Stewart, aspirant Lantern Alexandra plan will save Lantern Gardner, Superman and the Earth, but will go against several Laws of the Guardians. Calculated probability of expulsion from the Corps is 90 %. Do you wish to proceed ? "

Kilowog hologram looks at me and says " Thinking about us, rookie ? Saving the Earth, a Lantern, and Superman on your first day. And being expelled on the same day, before get your sector ? Congratulations, poozer. You are the new hotshot. I will reach you as fast as I can. What do you say Stewart ? "

Lantern Stewart looks at me and shouts " Enough, go. Gardner is falling, we gladly give up our ring for him. This is what we do. See you in a science cell Kilowod. They will arrest us after kicking us out. "

I seat hoovering in the air. The ring says " Power level 1 %, activate plan B. " Stewart looks at me surprised, and the hologram Kilowog does not know what to say, watching that a rookie already created a plan B, to compensate the ring depletion. The green energy creates a portal and a power battery floats in front of me. This is breaking the first law, unauthorised use of a battery that does not belong to me, taken away from a distant galaxy. It's a ceremony ritual. After a Lantern falls, his power battery is delivered to his home, and is hanged at the entrance. A signal of respect for the fallen hero. So, there are multiple power batteries filled with green power, across the universe. The ring just scaned the closest one.

Lanterns do not understand the rings. They are supercomputers, with artificial intelligence, but just computers. And they run with code lines. I just accessed the lines code and complete the sequence. Humans can't understand how hyperspace works, but I'm not human.

_ The handle of the battery rests on my neck, and the battery on my lap. I rest my right hand to the side of the battery, and let the green power involve my body to create a sphere. The ring sounds " Beware my power. " Stewart and Kilowog laugh. _And I reach the menace, before the others could understand that I didn't fly, but opened a portal inside the planet. This is breaking the second rule, creating a portal inside the same planet can cause a black hole.

Example Image

Doomsday is getting ready to punch Gardner, his ring is depleted, so he knows he is going to die. He is still smiling, and when he sees the green reflection behind him, he says " See that, monster ? You can kill me, but the cavalry will escort you to a science cell and ... "

Garner stops talking when my green sphere hits Doomsday and takes him to the sky. The ring is at full speed, the poor monster can't move, and is pushed against my indestructible green will. I can hear him. Kilowog arriving next to Stewart and they are both looking at the sky. Stewart looks to Kilowog and asks " That green light is ... "

Kilowog nods " Yes, the ring confirmed it. Gardner is safe. This new rookie you found ... "

Stewart looks to him and asks " Is is bad ? "

Kilowog looks up, and watches the green light fading away " Like the ring warn us. Stealing a battery, illegal creation of a space portal, and killing a sentient being. "

Stewards looks serious to the sky " Killing ? "

Kilowog nods " That rookie ... I received Garner report when I arrived here. That beast knocked out Kal-El without effort, was going to kill Gardner, and behind him there was an experimental nuclear power plant. The strength of the beast destroyed every construct you and Gardner created ... So that rookie, used the element of surprise and shoot straight to the sun. My ring is tracking them ... Flying too fast for any of us to catch, too fast for the beast to react. "

I can hear them talking, as I dive into the sun. The ring protects me, Doomsdays cells are destroyed. Father doesn't think this way. Even in the most dire situation he will try to contain a threat rather than end it. He is like Bruce. My ring is tracking all the remaining cells and forcing them to go deeper. The secret of Doomsday is regrowing from a single cell. But now there is no single cell, the ring makes sure of it, and my senses confirm it. It's over. Divine Justice is served.

I return to the rooftop, open a portal to return the battery to the resting place and order the ring to fly back to a fully healed Lantern Steward. They are all speechless, and Steward's ring sounds " Lantern Gardner detected, emergency medical procedures are required. Lantern Kilowog, the willpower of the previous user violated several laws with your compliance. After healing Lantern Gardner, you are ordered to return to OA with Lantern Stewart and wait for instructions. Aspirant Lantern Alexandra, by order of the Guardians of The Universe you are ordered to wait in this planet until the day of your trial. "

Kilowog looks at Stewart and says to me " Perfect plan, consequences already accepted. Throw a poozer into the sun. The hotshot will bring you a burger for the idea. Let's go Stewart, we heal Gardner, he escort us to Oa, we get the hammer, and he gets praised. "

They leave in a green flash, and Bruce is hugging Zee. He just says " Alexandra ... from Olympus ? "

Zee looks to him and whispers " I need to rest, Batman ... Take me to the Cave. Thank you Alexandra ... I know you would want to stay invisible after saving Oracle ... "

I remain on the rooftop, looking at the sky. Bruce and Zee are in the Cave. Zee is a true Oracle, so she can see glimpses of the future. The Lanterns are reaching Oa. And the Guardians are considering my idea to carry a battery to power a ring endlessly. My friend Ion, felt my presence also, but the entity is busy sleeping, and in this timeline does not know me. That's what they do in the batteries, they sleep. Too powerful to move in the universe, they chose to remain still and let the mortals play their games. If I didn't saved Father, he would have died and I will had ceased to exist ... but Doomsday was going to destroy the planet, and this Earth is special ... The White Entity needs to survive.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)