More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Prof-Nyx Prof-Nyx

Any idea?

Going Ghost

You decided to take your testing a bit further. You wanted to separate your mind from your body.

It took you a while to get it just right, but after what felt like, and probably was, days inside your blank space, you figured out how you wanted this to work. Your body would still function normally even if you weren't actually inside it. Instead, you would leave it with a copy of yourself while your mind would move around as an invisible, matterless .

Just to make absolutely sure that this other you wouldn't go all Blade Runner on you, you made it so that the copy of yourself inside your body knew that he was a copy and was cool with it. He would see you as his lord and creator, more than willing to serve and obey you, putting your good above his, and go through your daily life as if nothing had happened. You also made sure to not leave him with any of your new powers except for immortality, just in case he decided to take some liberty in interpreting one of your orders. Finally, when you wanted to return inside your body, the copy's memories would merge with your own, like two drops of water becoming one.

Satisfied with your work, you returned yourself and your body to your bedroom.

It was weird at first, not having a body and all, but simply wishing to know how to move and control your new form was enough for you to get the hang of it. Looking down, you saw yourself sitting at the edge of your bed.

The other you – you would need to give him a name eventually – looked at you and bowed his head.

"I am at your service, my lord."

You nodded at his words, or you would have if you had a head. You were sure your body was in good hands – he was still you, after all. There were other things you wanted to try out now that you weren't trapped inside a body, but what was the other you supposed to do in the meantime? Should he just stand around? Should he do your homework or something?

"Of course, my lord. I will start writing the essay Ms. Gupta left you last week, and after that, I will study the formulas for your exam with Mr. Johnson on Friday. You can count on me."

Even though he faithfully did as you wanted, you realized that you never actually told the other you anything. He had read your mind just like how God did earlier. You cut him off immediately. He didn't say anything about it since he understood that you wanted to keep your thoughts private, even if it was technically from yourself.

You better start on that essay, you told him, the same way God had done to you. I'll be back in a while. Don't stay up too late. Even if I can just wish it away, I don't want to be tired tomorrow.

"As you command, my lord."

Now that that was dealt with, there were more things you wanted to try out, and you had the perfect candidate for your test subject in mind.

Who is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)