More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Asuna Asuna

What's next?

Go downstairs to meet the King

With a nervous feeling of anxiety I open the large wooden doors to the Grand Banquet hall where my father's throne is standing proudly as the main center piece. But despite the expectations I had of it being mostly empty, because there wasn't a single guard in sight, the backseats are filled to the brim with people carousing as if there was a great feast happening. And not witnessing my ailing father hold what is probably one of his last public hearings. It's almost as if they don't care about the fact that the last king of their ruling dynasty, who have brought them their current prosperity and independance, is clearly slowly dying right in front of them. Which I think surely must bring the entire Kingdom of Miannu in great turmoil. Maybe I might not even be safe myself too...

'They can't really expect me to take over after father right, even though I got the tutoring? I'm still only some princess, meant to be sent off to some foreign country or a powerful duke in a political marriage, or why did the council invite me anyways?'

As I hesitantly make my way along the wide open corridor, with robust wooden dining tables on either side, the entire room suddenly becomes more quiet and I see that everyone's attention is focused at me. So I decide to pick up my pace a little, and try to avoid looking into the crowd too much.

"Heh..." I hear someone shouting. "Dinnay think the lass would be such a pretty yun' one."

Which, although a pretty crude remark, because I know my fighting lessons with the sword have not been for naught, I can't really find any fault in his logic. Since it's not really showing on me that much, especially when wearing a full ladies garb. But the remark makes me look around the room for the guy anyways, and I notice the banquet hall is full of large brawny men with horrible unshaven facial hair. Well... I probably should have known, since Miannu is pretty much known for its hardy muscular men, and sometimes even the women.

When I finally reach the other end of the corridor, I look up at my father and I also see the council, behind large wooden desks, on either side of him. A grotesque mask is covering my father's face to hide all the rashes and bruises that come with his illness.

"You mean, that lass 'ere would be the next Queen?" someone shouts, "Only think a gal like her is good for, is for opening 'er legs and weening 'er kids, but with 'er milkers so small she wouldn't even be worth much at that too." "BUT OBVIOUSLY ONCE Y'ER BEEN PROPERLY BROKEN IN Y'ER KNOCKERS WILL GROW BIGGER AND 'ER TEATS MORE PRODUCTIVE LIKE THEY SHOULD."

It's true, with only a handful of A-cup breasts, I probably look like a boneless chicken next to any other local woman from among the peasant folk. And with shouting getting louder and more bawdier, I find myself starting to feel pretty for not having my sword nearby to protect myself with. And even though I already slightly know what people think a girl's place should be, when hearing such vulgar things in person, I also start to feel a little rage building inside of me. And I would have almost gladly challenged him to a rightful duel right then and there if I could, even though I'm not sure if I will be able to win... But instead I am here to learn why in The Four Divines' name I was summoned here, although I guess I have a good idea now.

Then while waiting for my father to speak, I watch as the rowdy guy get dragged off by the king's personal guard.

And then onwards?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)