More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by yundme yundme

What's next?

Getting cursed

Jackie Dowson is your basic office worker. Every morning she arrives to work on time at 9am and leaves with everyone at 5pm. She has slowly built her career up and has just been awarded her own office at the company, just beating her co-worker and work place rival Anna.

Working with Anna for the past 3 years has been difficult as they both worked tirelessly against each other to eventually gain a promotion so they could be better than the other. It began as a healthy competition between the two until a simple accident turned into what could be described as a war between the two of them.

Jackie and Anna were working late one night to finish some very important documents they had both been given that same day. It was almost midnight when Jackie stood to go to the bathroom when her high heel broke and she fell onto the wire of Anna's computer and pulling it free. Anna had not had the forsight to save any of the work and so lost a full days worth of work. Becuase of this Anna was not able to finish the work in time for the deadline the next day where as Jackie had it ready and waiting for the boss when she arrived there the next day.

Anna was scolded for not completing the work and Jackie never spoke up about it being her fault. From that day onwards the two of them were at constant ends with each other. Anna would spread rumors about Jackie and steal waiting documents from her desk for her to complete instead. Jackie would wait for Anna to use the bathroom and pull the fire alarm causing her to run out with her skirt and panties halfway down her legs while running as fast as she could due to her fear of fire. This would only promt her to key Jackie's car and every so often "drop" a glass of ice cold water onto her when she was working.

This went was a constant battle of retaliation between the two until finally Anna was promoted to work on the floor above allowing Jackie to finally work again in peace without Anna to distract her. This allowed her to excell at work and finally get the promotion that placed her in her own office on the next floor upwards.

So now every day she would have to walk past Anna, still working in a cubicle, to her very own office and she knew she would flaunt this as best she could to her. Anna would know that she was going places, that she was getting paid much more, that she is far more successful than her.

The day after recieving the news of her promotion she arrived to work a little later than usual to ensure Anna would be sat at her desk, and she with her head held high strode out of the lift with full authority. She passed what she thought was Anna's desk but saw no sign of her there. Thinking nothing more on it Jackie proudly walked into her office where she was surprised to see Anna stood at the desk holding a box wrapped in pink paper and tied neatly with a yellow bow.

"Hi Jackie, long time." Anna said with a half smile. "I know we have a... difficult history working here, but in the months since I've been working away from you I've had time to think and forgive. So in honor of your big promotion I got you this." She said as she held the box out with both hands.

Jackie stared not beleiving what she was hearing.

Anna laughed a little at her reaction."You don't have to worry. It's not a bomb."

A skeptical laugh came from Jackie as she slowly took the pink box. She pulled open the ribbon and lifted the top to see inside a pair of black die with red dots.

"What's this?" Jackie asked confused.

"It's dice." Replied Anna.

"Yeah I know... but why?"

"Because in this kind of work a lot of what we do is up to chance. If our clients are happy, if we get a pay rise, if the company fails and goes under. It's all up to chance and this is to remind you of that. Just a simple throw of the die and it could all be lost." Anna said while trying to keep her smile.

Jackie looked at Anna with more confusion. "So have you joined some sort of Dice Cult or something? Is this your new faith?" She mocked.

Anna's smile faded, "Okay, I am trying here. I don't want work to disolve back into what we had half a year ago. I doubt anyone does. So if you want to keep being a Bitch then that's fine. Or we can start fresh and actually work together and not start pissing each other off again. How's that sound?"

Jackie stepped closer to Anna, "You think a cheep pair of dice can take back all the shit I put up with before?" She said as she tipped them both into her right hand. "Instead, why don't you take these and shove them as far as you can up your arse..." She tried dropping the onto the ground in front of Anna but something was wrong. "What the fuck" she said as she shook her hand violently trying to get them off. "Did you cover these in glue you bitch?"

"No, no. This is something far worse." Anna said as she pulled some paper out from her bag and slammed it down in front of Jackie.

She looked down at the paper and with no control of her own arm she threw the dice.

What was on the paper?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)