More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by SilentBanshee SilentBanshee

What do you do?

Get up

Your pulse thumps in your head as the rhythm slows and you once again take in the calm lakeside.

Just as you are about to abandon your staring view of the forest’s edge you hear the snap of a branch. You were not even aware of the night's silence until this crack of nature’s bell disturbed the mild lakeside. A hint of fear welling up inside you, the tall foliage begins to rustle.

Fully prepared to respond to whatever beastly supernatural creature your own dream might conjure before you, you nevertheless find yourself hop with a startle as a fawn leaps from the bushes.

The fragile little deer’s chocolate brown coat with its thumbprint white spots shines in the moonlight. The creature looks away from you toward the darkness of the path as you watch the light play against the felt of the deer’s fur. It is almost as if the image entering your eyes could be felt as tenderly as if you had actually reached out to stroke the fawn’s delicate back.

You wait there in the silent night for some movement, some flow, some sign that would lead you to your next course of action… but nothing happens in that dead of night. The seconds become minutes until finally, impossibly slowly, the fawn turned its gaze to you. The deer, its ears perked, looks into you with its inky black frost-fur rimmed eyes. Those bottomless eyes plead with you for something. They beseech you for some unknown action that pulls at your core as you desperately ponder what the pure animal wants from you. Suddenly the fawn turns its head back to the forest path and, its nimble legs giving a forewarning twitch, springs into the woods.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)