More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by brevdravis brevdravis

Check the mall, or get moving?

Get some fresh air...

Sick of the confining walls around you, you make your way towards the entrance to the mall. The hallways are dark, with only the light shining in from the outside to illuminate your way. The detrius that litters the paths is random, but consistent with the destruction that you've seen elsewhere.

As you close on the entrance, you see that the tall glass windows have been shattered inward. The main doors themselves are shut, but the looters apparently just smashed the windows and let themselves in. Here and there you catch a glimpse of a bloodstain or two. It's a nasty reminder of the that until recently plauged the area.

You look out, across a moderately full parking lot. Occasionally you see a body or two, in various stages of decomposition. Apart from that there is very little movement apart from the birds flitting from corpse to corpse. There is a faint scent of decay in the air, but it is much nicer than the stagnant atmosphere inside the mall.

Taking a deep breath, you head out into the lot, warily observing the area. When nothing pops up to deter your calm, you begin to relax a bit, noting the strange feeling of quiet, in this normally busy lot. It's eerie, and disorienting.

You wonder if you should perhaps check some of the cars. Maybe someone left the keys in one of them. On the other hand, you're really thinking it might be a good idea to walk around the city a bit and see if you can find somebody.

Check the cars, or walk?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)