More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by brevdravis brevdravis

Check the cars, or walk?

Check the cars

Deciding that the first thing you need to do is check out the area, you decide that finding transportation would be a good plan. Cautiously, you begin to search the cars in the parking lot. Unfortunately, while several look to have been looted, it isn't easy to find a car with keys in it. Smashed windshields dominate as far as damage goes, followed by slit tires, and ripped off doors.

Eventually, you find an intact vehicle. It's a beetle, and from the looks of it, not too well taken care of. The only reason you select it is the shiny keys sitting in the ignition. You open the door, and find the annoying door open sound a pleasant surprise. It means that the battery on the car still has charge. Adjusting the seat forward, you try the ignition, and after several false starts, are rewarded by the sound of a igniting engine.

Shifting the car into gear, you pull out of the parking space. You drive very slowly, avoiding the numerous hulks and wrecks scattered about the lot. You gradually make your way onto the street, and look off to the left and right. In either direction you could not travel very rapidly, but you note a freeway onramp not too far off. You could make much better time, and see if you can find anyone a lot faster that way, but you could also miss signs of life that you wouldn't on the city streets.

Should you take the highway, or pick your way on the city streets?

Which way?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)