More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by deadite deadite

What do you do?

Get setteled in your apartment

“Well to tell the truth Mrs. Stevens that interview completely wiped me out. If it’s alright with you I’d like to go to my apartment, get unpacked and relax.”

“Of course Jane,” she chuckles “I’m sorry the board was so tough on you. Once it was clear you got the job your things were brought to your apartment. Here’s a map of the grounds with the way to it. While you’ll be free to find your own place off campus if you want, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the accommodations we provide the teachers. Most of the single staff continue to live on the grounds. Also, I’ve had files on all the available coaching positions and teams left at your place. Look them over and see what appeals to you. After you get settled the staff mixer starts around 5, if you want to meet your fellow teachers. It’s not mandatory and there are only a few around your age, most of the staff is in their 40’s but there are three or four under thirty, they might be able to give you a younger woman’s’ view of life here.”

“I’ll look over those files as soon as I get settled, and try and be ready for the mixer. Thanks again Mrs. Stevens, you and April are life savers I just hope I can fit in here and make you proud.”

“Don’t worry” replies Mrs. Stevens as you notice she looks you over with a lopsided grin “I’m sure you’ll do great, and I know the girls will love having such a pretty young new teacher. They do have such a hard time relating to some of the older staff.”

As you follow the map to your apartment you can’t help but be impressed by the grounds. The campus is so spacious and beautiful, you can’t believe April hadn’t gone on about the place all the time, it looks like an Ivy League college. Who would have thought such a place like this would be hidden away in the Midwest. While looking down at your map you bump into someone.

“Oh excuse me” you say as you look up to see a pretty dark haired girl in a pair of very short, tight black shorts and a white halter top that looks to be at least a size too small.

“No problem” she says with a big smile while looking you over making you a little uneasy. “Are you new here? My names Nikki, what’s yours? It’s always nice to meet new girls. Where did you transfer from?”

“Actually, I’m a new teacher. My names Miss Doe, it’s nice to meet you Nikki”.

“You’re a teacher!? No way, you look like you’re maybe 18. What class do you teach?” She asks while twirling her hair around her finger.

“English lit” you reply “I’m looking for the teachers apartments, am I heading the right way?”

“Oh yeah just follow that path down to the end. Say has anyone talked to you about coaching yet? The tennis teams coach retired last year and we haven’t found a new one.” As she says this Nikki steps closer and places a hand on your arm.

“Actually Mrs. Stevens mentioned that there were some open coaching positions” you reply as you take a tentative step away from Nikki and toward the path she pointed out. “But I’ve never played tennis compeativly before. I wouldn’t know the first thing about coaching.”

“Not to worry we’ve been conference champs four years running and won state last year. All you’d have to do is come to the practices and games stand around and sign all the paperwork for official stuff. I’m sure all the girls would love you” she says with a sly wink. “Think about it, we get all the best perks our families are really well off so we usually get anything we want, so you know we could get you totally hooked up. If you decide to take the job we’ll be at the tennis court at 4 o’clock. Hope to see you there.”

As you get to the door of your apartment you think to yourself “that was strange, was that girl checking me out? No, I’m just worn out”.

When you open the door you can’t believe your eyes.  Mrs. Stevens wasn’t kidding about the school taking care of their teachers, the place was huge!  The living room was bigger than your old college dorm room and had a large sliding glass door that opened onto a lovely patio. The master bedroom had to be 15X20 with a walk in closet, a queen size canopy bed and a large dresser with a vanity attached.  The master bath was attached and had a large whirlpool tub.  There was a second bedroom that could be used as an office with a twin bed and computer desk. A decent sized kitchen complete with eating nook finished it off.  After unpacking you decide to take a shower.  While sitting on the bed in a towel you try to decide what to do next.  Should you read the packet about all the coaching jobs, head down to the pool, go to the tennis court, or get ready for the staff mixer?

What's your next move?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)