More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Manbear Manbear

What's the plan for meeting this pretty Indian exchange student?

Get Alison's help

“Hey Mr. P, what's up?” It's been well over a year since Alison moved on with her life, but I still smile every time I hear her voice on the phone.

“Just checking in, Angel.” This is in part true, at least once a month I like to get together with my former sexy tenant and catch up. “I was hoping we could do lunch tomorrow?” Say what you will about Alison, she's pretty bright.

“Lunch huh, so no Isaac?” Alison's boyfriend worked in New Haven and had a long commute each way in the mornings and evenings. “You want to tell me what this is really about?”

“You caught me.” I chuckle easily, “I need your help as a character reference. I've learned about an exchange student who is badly in need of a place to live and some pocket money.”

“A new one already?” Actually, Alison didn't sound all that surprised that Sharon didn't last long as my latest tenant. “You should have listened to me, Mr. P.” She was right. Alison knew my tastes better than anyone, and the day after she met Sharon, she called me to warn me that as hot as the California beach bunny was, she just wasn't my type at all.

“That's why I want to get your impression about this one.” I turn on my charm, I actually do value Alison's opinion, but I want her help reeling in this little Indian beauty too. “I was hoping you could chat her up and steer her my way?”

We talk for a little longer and agree that if Alison approves of Riya, that she'd try to get her to join us for lunch at the Blue Crab. I warn her that I plan on having Riya take the small room to sleep in, at least at first. It's not hard to picture that pretty blonde considering that bit of information.

“That room's tiny, Mr. P.” I hear her huff through the phone line, she had been spoiled by having the whole upstairs to herself, so restricting Riya to the smallest (by far) of the rooms must seem cruel to her. “What are you playing at, Mr. P?” I summarize Riya's background and explain I want her to live as a humble servant for a while to help her see how the other half lives.

“You just like the Cinderella aspect of keeping her in that tiny room, Mr. P.” She laughs easily, “I'm surprised you don't just chain her up in that cold damp basement of yours.” Picturing that sweet looking Hindi beauty chained to the wall is a distraction that I don't need right now. Alison knew my weaknesses better than I did.

“Well, maybe more along the lines of The Little Princess than Cinderella. You know, the one where the London boarding school student's family fortunes are squandered, and the once pampered star pupil is relegated to a cold attic and made to serve her former peers as their chambermaid.” As I expected, Alison knew the one I was talking about.

“Wasn't the poor orphaned schoolgirl like only twelve years old?”

“Well, yeah. I'm thinking of a more grown-up version of the story.” I hear Alison's cheerful giggle clearly through the phone, most people would be horrified at what I was planning, but Alison trusted me to do the right thing.

“Oh, I bet you are, you old pervert. If I agree that you and Riya are right for each other, I'll bring her with me to meet you.” I wish she didn't think of herself as my moral compass, but I guess that's as good as I'm going to get. “She sounds like she has promise, Mr. P. Wear something nice and be on your best behavior. You hear me?”

Is Alison able to convince Riya that I'm a safe (if grumpy) old man?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)