More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by adam17017 adam17017

Who would you like to play as? An established character, or someone new?

Geralt trying to find love (after the events of the game)

Geralt of Rivia had a lot. He had a home at Corvo Bianco, which kept him busy tending to the land and making some of the best wine in Toussaint, which was saying something. He had the two swords on his back which he carried with him at all times, mostly by habit, which told anyone who saw him that he was one of the last of a dying breed, a witcher.

His adopted daughter, who he loved as his own, Ciri was the Empress of Nilfgaard. He had heard nothing but good things about her reign so far, but he had heard that not all was well between Ciri and her arranged husband Morvran Voorhis. Geralt hadn't heard what was wrong, but he hadn't had a chance to leave the estate to go visit her in the capital since her coronation.

From there things went down hill, Yennefer had found another man in Ciri's court as she used him to worm her way up the ranks to be Ciri's advisor and right hand. Ciri had made it clear that she wanted no sorcerers or sorceresses in her inner circle, but Yennefer had taken measures to earn her place in Ciri's court. Needless to say, Yennefer wasn't happy that Geralt had been cheating on her with Triss, and left as soon as the Wild Hunt had been defeated. He hadn't heard from her since.

Triss hadn't been much better with Geralt when she found out about how she had betrayed her best friend. After helping the witchers of Kaer Morhen fight the Wild Hunt she joined the magic users in Kovir. He hadn't heard from her either since her departure.

Geralt's love life had taken a steep downturn since he had settled down at Corvo Bianco, not even the two beautiful ladies at the castle, Duchess Anna Henrietta and Sylvia Anna had no time for visiting as they get ready for the Duchess' wedding to a knight who the Duchess had known since child hood.

Though Geralt had longed to settle down and become one of a select few witchers to die in their beds, the road called for him and he contemplated answering that call.

Geralt sat at the wooden circular table that served as his breakfast, lunch and dinner tables. He strapped on his two swords, one for killing humans and one for monsters, when a package was slipped through his door. That's strange, he thought, he didn't get too many packages unless they were from the Duchess asking for his yearly tithe, and this looked nothing like the ornate letters she sent asking for his hard earned money. He walked to the door and picked up the plain package, and felt a vial of some kind within. He turned it around and read the inscription that read "To: The witcher Geralt. From: A secret admirer"

Well that's not suspicious at all, Geralt thought to himself as he opened the package and looked at the contents within. Inside laid a fox mask and a vial that he knew well, a love potion that affected the female and increased a male's virility. Whoever sent the package knew of a witcher's infertility, and so were only thinking of the female in this case. There was a letter inside.

"Dear Geralt,

As I'm sure you know, my sister is getting married tomorrow to that miserable lout of a man, and though I have tried to convince her to call off the wedding, I have not had success. Anyways, the reason I have sent you what you must think to be a peculiar mixture of items, is because we have need of a peculiar set of your skills. You see, my sister's bachelorette party is tonight, and well the man we hired for the job has come down with an unfortunate case of the lover's pox, so we are in need of another who can fill in. I know from personal experience that you can fill in perfectly adequately.

I don't need a reply, just show up to the castle gates with the mask on and the guards will let you in no questions asked.

P.S. I got the potion from a woman dressed all in black who smelled strangely of lilac and gooseberries, she said it would help you with a specific problem. Not sure what that means, but if it helps, I had no problem with your performance at all.

Love,

Sylvia"

Geralt heaved a deep sigh, looking at the vial, he wasn't sure if it was something to help him or kill him just yet.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)