More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Funatic Funatic

How should he be? Hungry? Thrifty? Guilty? Crafty ?

Crafty. [Funatic]

Hi TheDespaxas here!
Let's welcome Funatic who will give us his version of my little story. Like for all branches of guest authors the concept, stats and mechanics might vary a little from the original. Still it is a very good branch and adds variety in the whole story by going a different way.

There was also a different solution, one that involved his newfound powers. He waited for his mom to leave the room to go to the bathroom before walking up to the kitchen counter, grabbing a glass from the table along the way. He then filled the glass halfway with tap water and put it into his inventory. ‘Now for the experimental part.’ John thought and made one round along the walls of the medium sized room. Once he arrived at the sink again he pulled out the glass.

Not a single drop had been spilled. John smiled and spilled the water into the sink and looked for something a bit tastier in the fridge. He found orange and apple juice as well as milk. He decided to go with the orange juice, filled the glass and put it away for later use. It would also be interesting to find out if the temperature stayed the same later.

A window popped open, His eyes glanced over to the clock, he would have to hurry if he wanted to catch the bus, so he would postpone reading that. He grabbed some edible things, peeled carrots, leftover noodles with pasta sauce and an apple and threw them into his inventory as well. Just as the fruit vanished into the menu and took up one of the 24 Inventory Slots his mom returned.

“You are still here?” She asked, slightly reprimanding. “Yeah, sorry I was still a bit hungry.” John said to play over the fact that some items were missing. “Whatever, just go get that bus. We don’t want you to get late now, do we?” She smiled at her son and waved him goodbye as John slipped into his shoes.

As he did he finally read the window.

Achievement Unlocked: Not a bad Idea!

You used your brain to solve an easy situation. Congratulations!

+1 Wisdom

+1 Intellect

‘I feel a bit mocked by this.’ John thought and pressed away the message as he entered the bus. He had a quick look at his MP. As he had continued to stare at random things on the way here his Mana had gone down further. Right now it was at thirty.

He got seated at the back at bus where he was relatively secluded. He looked at his schoolmates inside the bus and checked out their levels. The lowest one he saw was a fat dumb kid he knew from the previous year at level 2 and the highest one was level 12, the leader of the schools’ hockey team. With his measly level 3 he was at the bottom of mediocrity though, as most people ranged from level 3 to 5. He thought about using observe on the people to level it further but decided that he had ample time for that later. He wanted to find out something else first.

He clicked around his Character Sheet for a bit. If anyone had watched him it would have looked very stupid but his backpack and the lean of his seat concealed the movements from the few random gazes that wandered his way.

He wanted to find out the definition of his stats. Depending on which game one was playing Agility increased armour rating, sometimes Strength increased Health, sometimes Health Regen, a few times even both. Knowing the ressources on his hands would be very important for…. for….

For what exactly? He should probably set himself a goal in the future. Back to the stats though. He finally found a little question mark at the top right corner of a window. He touched it and a stat afterwards, causing another window to open. He did that for all his stats and read through them.

Strength: 8 (+ 0)

Strength is used to increase ones’ bodily capabilities, such as lifting weight or punching harder. It increases the HP/per hour by 0,04 (STR*0,005).

Agility: 15 (+ 0)

Agility describes how nimble and quick a character is. Increases the chance of stealth and thief skills to succeed. Increases awareness of traps and sneaking.

Endurance: 7 (+ 0)

Endurance shows how much punishment the Gamer can take physically. It increases his HP total by 35 (END*5). It also gives the Gamer a higher uptime during physical activities.

Intellect: 25 (+ 1)

Intellect shows how smart a person is. Increases logical thinking and problem-solving skills. It increases MP total by 50 (INT*2). Certain books may not be absorbed if Intellect is under the required number.

Wisdom: 10 (+ 1)

Wisdom describes how much the Gamer is able to use what he is learnt in a productive manner. It increases MP/per Minute by 0,075 (WIS*0,0075).

Charisma: 5 (+ 0)

Charisma is used to represent how likeable a person acts and speaks. High Charisma result in easy negotiations and persuasions.

Libido: 19 (+ 0)

Libido represents how horny the Gamer is. While higher numbers mean that a person comes faster (Libido increases sensitivity) they also mean that the recharge time is lower.

That answered more questions than he had thought. It was very convenient that they also gave him the little math that was used to calculate his MP and HP. Although the comment about books was a bit confusing, but he had none with him to test things as books were handed out in class. He closed all of the windows and had a look at his Health and Mana.

Health Points: 45

Shows how much Health the Gamer has. Base 10 + 35 from other sources. Regenerates at the rate of 0,265 per hour.

Mana Points: 60

Shows how much magical power the Gamer can store to cast spells with. Base 10 + 50 from other sources. Regenerates at the rate of 0,525 per minute.

That was slightly disappointing, the formula to show how his regeneration came together wasn’t shown. Whatever had designed this interface either didn’t want him to know or had gotten lazy. It was also interesting that the number he had seen earlier only went one digit after the comma. That meant that, with the breakfast buff he had regenerated 1,1 Mana per minute. Sadly it had run out already by the time the bus came to a stop in front of the school.

John got out and went to his first class of the day.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)