More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by bigtrain. bigtrain.

What's next?

Four weeks ago.

Things had gone from bad to worse, Sarah was broke, alone and too proud to go back to Illinois to live with her parents. She was losing her house and would lose her car if she didn’t find a job that paid well enough. Sarah had tried but it was all too much. Everything had gotten worse, she cursed Jason for leaving her alone and she cursed her decision to drop out of college to follow that prefect boy to New York.

The first seven years had been wonderful, passionate and engrossing. Sarah Didn't regret a minute of it but now he was gone and after two years Sarah found herself morning every aspect of her life. Her soul mate had left this world and she now felt incomplete. The last two years had felt so lonely, save for family vacations and the occasional girls night with a few coworkers Sarah didn't have anyone one to go to, in fact she had preferred it that way.

"Why would I need friends when I have you?

The first year had been the worst. Days and nights gone by in a detached daze. Family calling or visiting unannounced, insurance companies, changing the names on titles and bills, sleepless nights where Sarah thought she couldn't possibly cry anymore, only to find how wrong she was. The second year was better Sarah had cut expenses, regrettably sold off some of Jason's hobbies and started living in the gym, praying endorphins would keep the depression at bay, It was working until recently.

The beautiful woman paced thinking of what to do. Her savings were long gone and losing her stupid job as a clerk a few months ago was the nail in the coffin. Tonight was Sarah's last night in the house and she marveled at what meager possessions she had left. Sarah slumped down onto the hard wood floor he had been so proud of and opened her phone.

“At least mom and dad still pay for you” she cooed at her backlit window of escape and opened A popular forum for frugality. Sarah had posted yesterday reaching out to anyone with any tips of what she could do now, for guidance. Sarah sifted through all the unlisted dick pics until she came open a private message with the title "I can help."

“I read your story and I think I can help get you back on your feet if you want. I have a place, I need a roommate and I can put in a good word where I work. I know we are hiring in a few places and they prefer to hire friends. I know this sounds crazy but I really do think I can help."

Before she could think to respond another notification popped up offering the forum's built in messenger and asking if she would accept, after a moment of thought Sarah did and started typing.

“I don’t mean to be rude but this sounds a little sketchy and too good to be true.” Sarah didn’t want to come off as rude but all her life she was told not to trust strangers and to her this was the internet equivalent of a white van offering her free candy. The person on the other end wasted no time in replying.

“lol Well I’m not sketchy all the time. You could at least meet me and look at the apartment. We can do it in broad day light and if your that worried you can stay in your car. There are always people outside the apartment, so its not like I’m luring you into a cabin to show you my saw collection. I just think I can help." There was a pause before a second message appeared. "I will pay for gas if you decide its not for you.”

Sarah knew better because of course she knew did this was sounding to good to be true and she was not some dumb girl in a horror movie. Yet, she hadn’t told the stranger no or closed the chat

What will Sarah do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)