More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by reader230 reader230

Who is it?

First, a map of the lands...

Kingdoms and Factions

Your Kingdom- A land constantly at war, with its access to the Western Seas and ability to influence the western approaches to the North. Their Nordic neighbors to the North and the Orcish raiders to the East constantly harassing their trade routes, drawing them into frequent wars.

Nordic Kingdom- A cold and barren land. Raiders, fishermen, and pirates originate from here. They ravish the countryside to the South to steal their wealth and prevent plenty of shipping from moving West without high taxes. The Eastern Company and your Kingdom at constant war with them over access to the Western Approaches. Not to mention the man who killed your father is from here... Lord Frederick is rumored to be working with them as well.

Elven Kingdom- A shadow of its former glory, their kingdom lies on the Eastern coast surrounded by raiders, Orcs and pirates. But they possess very fertile land. Their kingdom while powerful, is in rapid decline and their leaders must seek an alliance or conquer a neighboring territory soon or be overcome by their enemies. Their high council always looking towards your Kingdom, your access to the West providing an opportunity for them to grow once more and reclaim their former glory...

Shabana's Kingdom- A desert kingdom with vast mineral resources, they fought a war with your father over control of their only port city which lies beyond the mountains. The result was the razing of their capital by Lord Frederick and the seizure of the port. Not to mention their entire a royal family was wiped out, with Princess Shabana the only survivor. War seems inevitable yet again....

Orcish Raiders- A massive band of Orcs who settled in the land after being driven from their homeland by the Wood Elves across the sea. They quickly seized land from the local Elves in reprisal. and pillaging in on the wood elves distant cousins, they seek to overthrow their kingdom and claim the lands to themselves. Your father seeked to destroy them with the Elves but constant warfare with the Nords prevented this plan from gaining traction.

Eastern Trade Company- Maintaining an outpost near the Western Marshes, they send vessels to search for pirates, check merchant documents, and enforce tariff laws. While not a Kingdom, their power to project from across the seas if necessary keeps the local kingdoms in check.

Key landmarks

Western Marshes- A key trade route with River access, controlled by people with northern decent who settled there for the fertile farmland. Azul, a possible companion is from there... living evidence of the brutality of Orcish raiders who kill and their way across the Eastern Coastline.

Western Approaches- Another key trade route, it connects the Eastern and Western Seas but is heavily contested. You have a claim to the area, but with the Orcs and Nordic kingdoms to the North and East, its unlikely you will ever hold it.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)