More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by DigiCX DigiCX

Who is afflicted?

Fiora, a 24 year old Artist

Well, "Artist" was relative.

It was like comparing Mozart to an electrician or Steven Hawking to a World-Class Athlete.

It just so happened that a degree in Visual Arts with a Major in Photography lent oneself more to being a starving artist rather than an esteemed photographer for a magazine like Vogue or something.

Being a starving artist living in a studio apartment in Maddington usually meant that his gear was never in tip-top shape. More often than not, he found himself digging through the bargain bins of small electronics shops to assemble whatever piece of camera equipment he needed. His rig of nearly three years was beyond falling apart at this point, and without his camera, he would be out of money in a pinch.

So guess what his reaction was when the police department held their annual "Evidence-Clearing" Sale?

Seeing a near top-end, professional camera going for a steal of just over 1.2 grand made his heart stop. It was going to be his, even if it meant skimping on rent for a month or two. It looked even better up close. With a rotating monitor that could flip out, built-in flash, 10x Zoom function and customisations beyond his wildest imagination, it was an amateur photographer's wet dream, so to speak.

As he held the camera in his hands, Fiora noticed something oddly peculiar about it. Where there would typically be a shutter button, two semicircular buttons jutted out instead. Looking through the viewfinder, Fiora aimed the camera at a poster on the nearby wall and pressed both buttons simultaneously. Instead of taking a photo, Fiora felt the camera suddenly slip from his left hand. It shrunk down to the size of a Go-Pro and nestled itself comfortably in his right hand. Fiora stared at the camera in awe. Taking a few more photos, Fiora realised that the camera retained the resolution of its pictures even when it switched between its full-blown camera and Go-Pro modes.

"Hey! You there!" The booming voice echoed through the small room, startling other window-shoppers.

Fiora turned to see a guard staring him down, pointing at the camera in his hands.

"Are you some spy or something? If you're not here to buy that thing, then get out!" the Guard threatened.

Fiora apologised before deleting the footage and making his payment at the counter. The checkout staff was this kind young Sergeant, whose nametag read 'Donovan'.

"Don't worry about him. He gets a little touchy when it comes to the annual fundraising sale." She replied with a smile. "Hopefully, you'll use this thing for a better purpose than what its original owner used it for."

Fiora just smiled and took out his credit card. He knew what that camera was destined for.

Clips4sale was waiting, its candid video library ever hungry for more content.

And he knew just the place to begin.

Where does he go next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)