More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by deepedia deepedia

What's next?

Faux Bargain

You thought it was an urban legend, but one day, you got a notification on your phone telling you that you win a chance to make a trade using the Fau(x)st Bargain.

The mysterious app had an exaggerated legend surrounding it, the rumor mill said it could grant the user anything they want with almost no catch like a genie, others said it was made by the devil, and the cheap price to use it was a total lie. But the rumor was just a rumor in the end, nobody could prove that their miserable or winner life was caused by the app.

You are James Norton, 21 years old, a geek with a loving family. You see your crush Brittany Alexander walking the hallway. Brittany is a popular girl that is out of your league, but unlike other popular girls who are usually vain and spoiled, Brittany proves that brain, beauty, and a kind heart can be possessed by a person at the same time.

You are still contemplating whether to use the app on Brittany, you know that whatever power behind the app must be handled carefully. Suddenly, you see your Bully, Jordan, approaching your crush and making conversation with her. You are envious of his closeness with Brittany, you don’t want to believe it. You feel something inside you snapped, and tell you that you can easily change the situation using the app.

You are losing to your temptation and opened the devil’s app.

• What do you want to get?

“I want Brittany Alexander to be my girlfriend.”

• Please wait a minute while the system is granting your wish

• …

• Ding! The trade is a success

• Brittany Alexander is now your girlfriend

• Fair payment has been taken

• The necessary adjustment is made to avoid inconsistency and breaking the fabric of reality

• Ding! Adjustment is complete, please see the changelog before closing the app, you can see the changelog only once.

• User will forget about this app, and the reality before the adjustment in 24 hours to avoid any inconsistency

You feel a bad premonition in your hearts, your fingers tremble but you still clicked the changelog as the system suggested.

Changelog:

  1. Raising James Norton’s family status from the middle class into a wealthy family. Adjusting the Norton’s family history.
  2. Changing Brittany Alexander's setting. Adjusting the Alexander’s family history.
  3. Compensating Jordan Paterson of his losses.
  4. Adjusting the situation on the school and workplace for the affected party

“What kind of shitty changelog is this?” you curse, the changelog given by the system was so generic and lacking in information. Why does your bully, Jordan, also included in this changelog?

Before you can think about it further, the world around you seems spinning faster and faster, and you feel so dizzy.

“Jeezz….Baby, are you okay?” someone shakes your shoulder, she sounds caring but you somewhat feel that she was annoyed by her tone.

“I’m fine…thank you,” then it hit you, who are you talking with?

You look at your partner, and you can’t believe it, it is Britanny Alexander, someone who you don’t dare to approach normally before, but now she is right in front of you and calls you with a lovely nickname.

There is some difference with Brittany Alexander you know though, gone was her brunette hair, her hair is bleached platinum blond. Her fair white skin is now tanned with a fake bronze tan. Her clothing is also different from what you remember just several minutes ago, no longer is she in pants and blouse, but a daring mini-dress.

“Baby, I will go shopping with my besties today, can I use your credit card?” Brittany asked.

“My credit card? Uhm…” You are hesitating, but then lend your credit card to her when she teases you by rubbing your crotch.

“Thank baby, I will use it to the max.”

You see your girlfriend walking away with a throbbing erection that tented your pants.

Without a distraction from Brittany, you can now think clearly, you seem to have two sets of memories, the old reality, and the current one.

In this current one, Brittany isn’t the caring girl with both brain and beauty you look up to, well…she is still a pretty girl, but she uses both of her brain and beauty to manipulate others to give what they want, she is a selfish girl that prioritizes herself before others, you in this reality know about it, but can’t be helped to stay as a simp for her, she has a lot of other people under her thumb, whether they are a woman or older people, aren’t spared by her, and get manipulated by her like a thrall that does her bidding, but at least, from those many simps of her, only you that had the honor to be her boyfriend.

You shake that thought of being her boyfriend aside, the implication that your wish is granted but twisted to this extent makes you scared.

“So, if Brittany is transformed to be a vain gold-digging bitch to match the reality where I am come from a rich family, what happens to my family members and Jordan? The changelog said that they will compensate Jordan, for what? Is he no longer able to flirt with Brittany need to be compensated? Or there a relationship between Brittany and Jordan that I didn’t know before?” a lot of question is on your mind

You try to fish the information from your brain regarding the situation in this current reality before the knowledge devastated you, “God dang it, what I have done?”

You lose your strength to stand and just wanted to curl up and cry. Just as people warned regarding the usage of this app, this app really made by the devil and you shouldn’t use this in the first place.

You have 24 hours before you forgot any of this and accepted the change as if it has always been that way, you don’t know any way to stop this, but you know that you can warn others to not use the Fau(x)st Bargain app and tell the truth to the public that the app was created by the devil.

….

Poor you, just like the other previous users of the app before you, whatever you said about the app will just end up as a rumor alone, in 24 hours, you will lose any memories regarding the app.


If you like this one:
Please support me on my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/deepediamcs
or buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/deepediamcs

all your kind support will enable me to improve my writing and have more time to write as the income will help me to not juggle between several works.

Should I follow up with after stories?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)