More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SpiritCrime69 SpiritCrime69

So What Exactly Happened That Night?

Fate Gives Ray a Little Gift

Ray woke up at exactly 3:34 am. He was coated in a cold sweat, and he felt like he was going to vomit. He shot forward sitting straight up in his bed, clutching his stomach. He started hyperventilating, looking around the room fast enough to hurt his neck. Ray had only ever had a panic attack once before, when his blood sugars got incredibly low in the middle of a movie. That was an unpleasant experience, but it paled in comparison to this. He started to dry heave, before suddenly his abs cramped. It was the worst pain he had ever felt in his life, and it was the last thing he felt before he passed out...

Ray woke up the next morning at 11, and he felt like shit. He pawed around his bed, trying to find the pump that was usually connected to his body, to see if his blood sugars were the problem. It didn't take him long to realize the little device wasn't in bed with him. He sighed in frustration and nearly threw up. He wondered how many hours he'd been without insulin, and just how high his sugars were.

I wish I didn't have this stupid disease. I just want to be normal again.

At this moment, Ray's stomach cramped, just like it had in the early morning he had forgotten about through his sleep.
"Oh what the fuuuuck?" He groaned. It hurt, but it was nowhere near as bad as before. Suddenly, as quick as it started, the pain cleared. "Seriously what the hell..."

Ray stood up and ran his hand through his hair. "The hell is going on with me today? First I wake up at 3 in the morning, then I pass out, then wake up feeling sick as shit..." Ray trailed off as he realized something. "I... I don't feel sick anymore?" Ray walked over to his desk and poked his finger to take his blood sugar. Sure enough 120, it could not be more perfect. "That... does not make sense. I've been off my insulin for hours at this point..."

Ray wracked his mind for an answer as to what was going. If he couldn't rationalize this, he would be stuck on it all day. It was one of the flaws that came with being as smart and easily distractible as he was, he was quick to get hung up on little things that he couldn't quite figure out. He thought back over the 5 minutes he'd been awake. The only thing that was different than normal was the weird cramp... I guess I wished I was normal. He shook his head in disbelief. "No way. Wishes aren't real. I mean if they are... I didn't exactly waste this one. I could've turned myself into a frog something." Ray stopped and thought out loud for a moment, if his wishes were coming true... that has some horrifying (and awesome) implications. "Well there's one way to find out..." I wish I knew what was going on.

The information popped into his brain as soon as he thought those words. It was as if he just suddenly remembered something he'd forgotten from ages ago. His jaw dropped. It was a while before he mentally recovered, and even then, it was tough to wrap his head around the idea.

"So..." He said to no one in particular. "I just need to... think, something... and it'll happen..." Ray shook his head, unhappy with his description of the information he had been given. He spent another couple of minutes trying to define it in a single sentence, so he could be sure he had a full grasp of the situation.

"Got it." He snapped his fingers. "Reality can change based on my whims, with a minor side effect of stomach pain based on the severity of the change." Ray paused for a second. "Holy shit, I'm a god!" He laughed loudly, before doubling over in pain. "Wait! Wait! I didn't mean that literally!" Ray's stomach unclenched as soon as he got the words out. "Ok... I'm gonna need to make these powers a little less sensitive." Ray figured a simple trigger statement/method would do. "I could make it so I have to think 'I wish" first... but that could backfire easily. Snapping my fingers? No I just did that a second ago... plus it would be a bit too obvious." He pondered different methods for a moment. After running through various ideas, he finally settled on one.

"Ok, so I just have to think 'I decree', and follow that with the change, and bada-boom, it happens." Ray giggled a little at how silly it felt not only to use the words 'I decree', but also how funny it was that he was literally bossing reality around. With a very slight pain, he made his powers have an activation statement.

"Easy test, I wish... my carpet was rainbow." Ray stared at the floor, and nothing happened. After a few seconds he tried again. "I decree, my carpet is rainbow." Instantly, a rainbow gradient swept across his carpet, though he noticed no real pain. "I guess it was a simple change... and it almost seems like using a muscle. At least it feels like muscle pain... so maybe the more I do it, the easier it gets?" He shrugged, not entirely sure of where the idea came from. He did wish to know what was going on, so he figured the intrusive thought was probably right.

Ray sat in his room for another 15 minutes contemplating his next move before he was interrupted by a soft knock on his door.

"Ray?" His mom spoke through the door. "I know it's Saturday, but you need to get up at some point."

"Yeah, I know, I'm up!" He called back.

"Good. I'm going to be heading out, so I'll see you tomorrow, ok?"

"Yeah, sure thing, love you!"

"Love you too!" With that, he heard his mom walk away, and eventually outside. Ray pushed up off his bed, and slowly made his way into the bathroom.

"So I guess that just leaves one question..."

What Now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)