More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What's next?

Faeries of Erthrok

Fluttering its wings through the cool evening, moonlight is filtered from the treetops covering the forest, and the stillness of the forest allows a moth to feed on the nectar of a plant. Rotating its fluffy sensitive ears around searching for danger when none present itself.

Hanging off a branch of an ancient tree inspecting the lay of the land. Many of it’s brothers and sisters do the same thing spreading their wings and heading off into the untamed forest they live in to find their next meal. Black wings spread wide as the screeching echolocation of this large population of vampire bats fly through the forest.

Sensing its prey feeding from the nectar down below the bat begins its descent. Slightly gliding down picking up speed racing for the meal that is presenting itself. Opening its jaws before it reaches its target. The nourishment of one moth is only a fraction of what will come tonight during its evening feast.

Pluck!

An arrow fires through the body of the bat knocking it millimeters from its target. Moth flies off sensing danger to find another flower to collect nectar. Bat itself turns to its human self with an arrow purged into its heart catching the last breath before passing. Not able to taste the moth that was right in sight.

Plucking the arrow out after the vampire passes a large bright light fairy stands above. Dressed in dark blue and silver lining corset the fairy stands at the same height as elves and humans do. One difference is that they tend to have colorful wings on its back with the ability to fly as high as any animal can. Shrinking down in size of a praying mantis she heads off to find not only vampires, but her friends who are helping out to hunt vampires.

Hiding behind a red and gold mask to prevent the vampire seeing their faces she moves swiftly through the forest. With a bow in one hand and an arrow in another waiting for the next attack. Her purple-brown hair flows behind as she races onward. Another vampire has been spotted.

As the night went on more vampires fell until the sun rose from the east. Allowing the fairies to regroup and head home in the land of Goldenforest where the Golden Roses grow. The highest city of the fay folks where the King lives protecting the Golden Roses and most importantly his own people.

An ancient tree named Erthrok stands above all with fields of golden roses flourising below it. It’s massive limbs spreading out creating a vast network for the fay folk. Underneath at its base not only lies its thick roots, but also lie Golden Roses. Meant to be used when men betray the oaths of the Alliance that was forged centuries before.

For every century since the dawn of the fay folks a new ruler takes the throne. In the midst of his reign North Beamtree King of all the fay folks sits on top of his living green seat in the chamber hall. The hall sits below ground underneath Erthrok for protection against any enemy. The walls are part of the inner tree walls. Erthrok is just as much a living breathing creature as any on the continent with one goal in mind and that is to protect the fay folks.

The fairy with the dark blue and silver lining corset walks in to the main chamber hall where the King sits. Guards stand in attention with spears in hand in two linear lines directly down the line of where the King himself sits. Walking by the hundred guards that protect the king the young fairy strikes the ground with large strides not wanting to take any more time then is needed.

Advancing to the throne she kneels down bowing her head to her king. The king stops talking to his advisers to look at the guest that is present in his throne room. He stands up and walks down the three steps that are between them. Taking a deep breath before looking down to respond to her “Granddaughter, how did last night go?”

The young fairy rises from her bow to stand at the same height as her grandfather and king. Tilting her head with a smirk on her face “They were not expecting our attack Grandfather as the gods predicted.”

Taking a step back to look at her features with her blue and silver lines corset and the matching arm covers. Her face is a young serious face that has seen less then a century, and has learned more from this world then he has when he was her age. Seeing the first continent wide war only decades ago and with another who knows what was to come.

Men have evolved and grown more narrow minded at the Alliance. He sees in his granddaughter great strength and also sorrow for she sees the world and all its evil and he saw it before as something magical and great in his youth. Turns around to return to his throne stopping before he turns to sit down raising a finger up in the air “The gods told me last night of the dinosaurs that fly. Be careful Rose. I know your smarter then your older sister Hazel, but she is the head of the military. Know when to strike and when to fly my dear and one day you may be sitting in this seat.

Rose marvels at his words of encouragement before bowing and leaving in silence knowing there is nothing more to discuss with her grandfather. She needed to find not only her lover, but also her mother.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)