More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by The Dark Traveler The Dark Traveler

Who will you follow in this world?

Evelyn Oakwood a centauress

Miss Oakwood trotted into class today wearing a blouse that was even more revelling than normal as it was lowcut.

“Today, class I thought we would do something special to get into the scientific mind-set .” Miss Oakwood addressed the class in her usual bubbly tone . “I know it is not on the curriculum but I thought it would be fun to collect some real data before we go though the boring statistics. Who knows what a supertaster is?” She asked.

David put his hand up and Miss Oakwood pointed at him. “Some Preds say that humans taste better than any other race so Would I be a ‘Super taster’?” he replied and the class laughed.

“Is that true? ” Samantha asked “Perhaps we can try it on my next birthday party.” She mumbled to herself, giving David a hungry look.

“That has been proven by voreologist but it is not what a ‘Supertaster’ is.” Miss Oakwood replied. “A supertaster is a person who has the ability to taste certain biochemicals that others can’t taste. I have these strips of paper that have been dipped in a chemical that only supertasters can detect. Now we have 2 0 pupils and a good mix of races so we have a varied if a bit small sample size. We are going to find out who is a Supertaster and then work out the percentage of supertasters in the class and compare it to the national average. ” She explained and she handed out the pieces of paper .

James liked the paper, tasted like paper to him, so not a supertaster, that is disappointing. Once everyone had had a chance to lick their strip of paper, Miss Oakwood asked could tell who supertasters were . The chemical was concentrated and would taste very sour to a supertaster . Some members of the class recoiled and made funny faces as soon as their tongue touched the paper.

“Now then, that was the fun part, as least for the normal people, not so much for the supertasters. Now for the statist ics.” Miss Oakwood explained.

After statistics were calculated and compared Miss Oakwood explained how taste signals went to the brain . Towards the end of the lesson class was interrupted by Miss Green

“Excuse me, Miss Oakwood, could I see you in my office after class.” Miss Green asked.

“Certainly, I hope everything is all right I just need to get the homework from all the students and set them their new one then I will be right over.” Miss Oakwood replied.

There was a number of groans from the students at the mention of homework as some including James went to their bags to retrieve it and others went over to Miss Oakwood to make the various excuses for not doing it. This being 6 th form saying “the dog ate it” wasn’t going to cut it.

The class handed in their homework and took the booklet that had to be completed for next lesson. It was not long and Miss Oakwood’s homework always had one or two joke questions in it somewhere and one question that was just play some kind of game for one hour to “help with mental stimulation”.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)