More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by FlightoftheBeers FlightoftheBeers

Who do you want to be?

Ethelia

Ethelia held out a piece of paper showing off a vibrant picture of a unicorn. "This is a request to hunt a noble beast and bring back its horn. It will net us quite the profit and we can keep whatever else we find. Unicorn blood, for example, works wonders in alchemy. I would love to get my hands on something like that!" She said excitedly, her bountiful chest rising and falling with anticipation. The opportunity for killing a unicorn was rare as they were quite the protected species. But this was an approved quest, so she was practically salivating at the chance.

"I'd feel so bad about hurting one... Aren't they almost extinct?" Carla pouted, looking towards Michael for help.

"Oh, come on! This is an official request! That means it's sanctioned! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!" Ethelia squeaked excitedly. Her usual calm demeanor faltered under the excitement for this potential quest.

Amanda, for her part, was excited to see Ethelia so pumped up about a quest. "I'm with Ethy here. When are we gonna get the chance to do something like this again?"

"You would agree with her," Michael rolled his eyes.

"You're one to talk, fuckboy," Amanda snapped back, sticking her tongue out at him.

Ethelia turned towards Bash, "come on. You know you want to! It'll be fun!"

The large orc rolled his eyes and groaned, "ugh. Fine. Let's kill a fucking unicorn. But only if we can do my quest next."

"Deal!" Ethelia said, clapping her hands together.

"Well Michael and I won't be a part of this one," Carla said, crossing her arms and looking towards her husband. "We could never kill such a beautiful creature! Right?"

Michael looked conflicted; they had agreed at the beginning when they started the party that they would go with whatever the majority of the group wanted to do. "Well, uh... I mean, we did agree that majority would rule when deciding quests. And Ethelia makes a good case..."

Carla looked at her husband in disbelief before standing up, "fine. You can all go have fun slaughtering an innocent creature. I'll be in my room finding something better to do!" She stormed off, heading up the stairs.

"Atta boy," Ethelia winked at Michael. "Let's head on out. It'll be nightfall by the time we get to the woods. Unicorns rarely come out during the day, so we'll have a better chance at night."


The woods were eerily quiet. While Ethelia and Bash were unfazed, the same could not be said for Michael and Amanda. While they had been to the woods before, it was almost always during the day. At night, things were much different. The sounds, sights, and smells had all changed into something more sickly; most likely a byproduct of the nocturnal creatures that came out of their hiding places.

"Okay, so there are a few places Unicorns can be. There's a cave in the northern woods, a clearing in the eastern woods, and a lake in the west. Since we came in from the South, we knew they're not there," Ethelia said, putting her hand to her chin. While it would be fun for her to be the one to slay the unicorn for herself, she knew that they would cover more ground by splitting up. "Alright, so we'll go in groups of two. I'll go with...

Who does Ethelia go with?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)