More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 35 by Kalion Kalion

Enter now or after they leave?

Enter Now

"Is what you're saying true, Alexia?" The girls fall silent at your sudden appearance. In hindsight, you should have had this conversation in private, but it is too late for that now. "I'm not sure if I should be happy or mad for being an experiment to your father, but for you to continue to hide that my powers are not entirely my own hurts." Tossing the gifts carelessly onto her bed across the tent, you sit down on a chair wondering if she really cares about you or just your being a son of the Gods. The twins jump at your spite-filled words clearly hoping to take their leave, but you give them a glare stopping them. Unlike the nervous sisters, Alexia meets your angry stare calmly.

"Bruce, I'm sorry you had to find out that you were being monitored by my father, but it was King Achilles, and my father's idea." She pulls a small folding stool and sits next to you. "For what it's worth, I sided with Queen Karissa; we were against it. Your mother wanted you to have a normal life." You give a sad laugh trying to think how anyone would expect you to be normal.

"Alexia, I have always known my adopted father's plan to use me as a tool to keep his nation alive through war or marriage, but your not confiding in me when you found out makes me wonder whether I'm just a tool for you to use too." This is the first time you've opened up like this and you wonder why you chose this moment to level with her. "I've never had women see me as anything but a genetic freak or ticket to improve their lives that's why I've never let their advances proceed more than causal flirting." Alexia blinks three times, but although her mouth opens no words come out; you sigh trying to remain calm.

"I came here to apologize for upsetting you earlier." You tell your spymaster breaking the uncomfortable silence. "I don't remember firing the arrows during the event earlier. As far as I can tell, that was when I had a vison of being in the mountains surrounded by Drakes before it turned into a nightmare. This is the second time I've been to Olympus twice since coming to this city, and I've decided to listen to my Mother's advice and go to the Temple of Ares." You see Alexia's pretty eyes darken in thought at your disclosure, but you continue speaking before you change your mind.

"I'm tired of being disrespected, and if anyone gets in my way I'll slaughter them whether friend or foe." You point to the knives and the book you brought as a peace offering. "Enjoy your gifts. I'm leaving you, and Galeon in charge if I don't make it back just go back to Kalion without me." You leave the tent without another word, not wanting to listen to any warnings or advice on how to act. It's time for you to take your place among the Gods.

You walk to the Roosts, and saddle Spook grabbing a bow with three quivers, and some camping equipment, then mount your true friend. You let Spook climb the wooden tower to jump off letting him do his thing until you're climbing steadily into the sky above the fields below where your army is assembled. Only then to you pull his head to the north, away from the city towards a small mountain. High above you, as always, is a trio of United Army Drakes, but as you wing away from the besieged city the Riders return to patrolling the skies above your camp.

You have Spook land on top of a plateau near a cliff with a cave just big enough for him to enter. Its a perfect location where he could fly from easily if he needs to, and you see signs of many other drakes having occupied this cave. You pat Spook's head and give him a calming herb native to Kailon so he won't worry while you are away, and set up your makeshift camp before you leave. The climb down the smooth cliff is easy for due to your training, and supernatural strength. Pulling the rope free once you reach the bottom, you start your walk back towards the city with a determination to not let anything or anyone stop you, the sun is slipping lower in the sky by the time you reach the outer rim of light forests surrounding the city, but the long walk has done nothing to calm your frustration.

What happens during your rage induced trip?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)