More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Leoblade24 Leoblade24

Who are you?

Employee at Reintegration Corp

You are an employee at Reintegration Corp, a subdivision of RealDreams that was formed soon after the first characters went to market. When retrieving Ginny Weasely and Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter Universe 1, the retrieval squad were confused to discover Hermione Granger and Fleur Delacour living their lives despite being known to be warming the RealDreams Founder’s bed. Once snatching Hermione and Fleur back up, they discovered nearly undetectable chips in their brains. On those chips were messages supposedly from a future group calling themselves the Reintegration Corp.

According to the messages, the characters themselves need to be placed back in their universe once their owner has no more use of them. Failure to put the characters back might cause the fictional work to retroactively disappear from Earth Prime or at least cause the character to face a variant of Chuck Cunningham syndrome where they completely disappear from the narrative with no explanation. And if the characters are no longer part of the story then they cannot be considered characters anymore.

Since losing the fictional work means RealDreams cannot sell the characters anymore (since no one will pay as much for merchandise from a universe with no fictional connection) and the characters themselves might disappear all together, it was determined that the Reintegration Corp will be created to send the characters back to day they were picked up by a Retrieval Team with any alteration reversed and memories removed.

When a character is thrown out and no one wants them (such as if they do not get salvaged them from the trash or auctioned off) a member of a Reintegration Team will pick them up and deliver them to a Rein Corp facility where they are restored by a Chronosapien or Time wizard character to reverse any modification and even bring them back to life in many cases. Then time travel was used to send the character back in the relative area and time they were picked up.

Occasionally, some characters do end up sent to the scrapyard/junkyard worlds but an underfunded subdivision patrols and snatch them up if possible. And mandatory safeguards prevent characters from getting processed by the recyclers and furnaces.

Thankfully, no method of time travel works on Earth Prime (as far as anyone knows, the world governments are very cagey on the topic). If a character is lost with no real hope of being restored or they stay on Earth Prime for whatever reason, a close enough clone is deployed in their place though according to the messages, a clone is not a completely desirable replacement and can retroactively cause crappy versions of the universe to appear as particularly trashy fanfiction worlds.

To prevent characters from purposefully getting themselves trashed or abandoned, Reintegration Corp is kept secret from most of the population and many of the characters employed by the company have special privileges within the facilities and inhibitor chips to keep them silent on the matter. Employees are under severe NDAs to keep them from talking along with other more secretive methods of keeping them quiet.

As a member of Reintegration Corp, for an extremely discounted price you can take any character picked up home to keep, though for a little bit extra you can get them restored as much as you want (to the point they could have no clue they were someone’s plaything for potentially years or to where they have the memories but their body is fresh and new). The one who does the actual retrieval gets first dibs on the characters.

You drive up to the gate of the Rein Corp facility in your truck and go to greet the guard in the gate control booth. The guard is a Clover (from Totally Spies) who is wearing a security guard hat, blue mini-skirt, and a crop top that wraps around the neck with a window that exposes her large cleavage. She also had a belt with a taser, walkie-talkie and a badge.

“Badge 55559b, dropping off a load.”

“I already know your badge number, cutie. You only tell me four times a day.” The Clover replied back with a wink.

“It's protocol and you know what I would have to do if you break protocol.” You grin as she gains a flirty smile and lean down on her counter to give a view of her E-Cup cleavage.

“Oh? What are you going to do?”

“Well I think..” You start to lean out the window of your truck to get close to Clover and finish your statement with, ”I’ll talk to your handler about your … performance.” Clover pouted and picked up a clipboard.

“You tease.” She said and glanced at the truck and listened to the slight noise that could be heard. “What are you hauling?”

“I’m hauling…”

What/Who are you hauling

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)