More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by CoolSoCool CoolSoCool

Who are you?

Elm- A Man in a strange predicament

Elm was beside himself with what had just happened. He tried to go through it in his head quickly to try and recall what had happened. He thought back to the diner, the diner. That's right the diner and the old man!

Right after he had graduated high school, unable to go to college, he ended up in some dead-end job at his local diner. It hadn't lasted more than a week before he meet that man. He was what Elm came to know as his usual customer, coming in at the same time every day except Wednesday. His face was one of those that could easily be lost with the rest of them, nothing outstanding besides that he was a bit on the older side. He always wore one of those fedora like hats that made him seem like some kind of detective from an old black-and-white film. Then one day, almost like the rest, the man came to him with a bulky suitcase.

The man asked him if he wanted a better life, which well yeah. Living in a cramped apartment with what had to be the kookiest cat lady ever, living paycheck to paycheck was far from his ideal life. The man had smiled at his answer. He got up from his seat leaving the briefcase on the table and said to Elm, "Have what's in the case, and don't worry there is always tomorrow."

Elm watched the man leave his view outside of the storefront. He had hesitantly reached for the case unsure if the man had just planted some kind of bomb. Instead what he found inside of there was nothing, at least what seemed that way. If the little slit of paper hadn't every so slightly popped out he would have never noticed it. Pulling at it, it seemed to be a grant to a house in his name. Of course, he didn't believe it and chalked it up to the doings of an old crazed man. Elm then continued on with the rest of his day.

He woke up the next morning and Elm wasn't in his apartment anymore. He had found himself in some kind of hotel in the middle of nowhere and a destination he wasn't familiar with. As he frantically tried to check out everything he found out that he was now some kind of multibillionaire with shares in some weird company called RealDreams. He found out also by going through everything that he was now traveling to the house the man had seemingly given him.

Baffled and confused Elm didn't know what to think.

What should he do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)