More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheDespaxas TheDespaxas

What direction do I follow?

East

I can't resolve to go home, neither the frigid North nor the Westward Seas strike much of an interest in me right now. The East with its forests and mountains seems like a really better idea.

I have read books that talk of tribes of wood elves in the Sylvanian forests whose members prance around wearing only loincloths and a few baubles or body paint. And of course the skywall mountains are renowned for their hidden treasures, from the natural riches of ore and gems they hide to the lost Dungeons and tombs left there by the dwarves and a few others.

There are two ways to reach the mountains. The imperial road, that goes south-east before going north and that would take a month on foot if I don't find a way to go faster. And a rather loose network of smaller roads linking villages lost in the forest but that could get me there in a week or two if I don't get lost on the way.

Buying a cart would be pricey, even if I get Gnash to pull it rather than a horse. But for a few shillings I could probably pay for the ride to Ravensburg half way to the mountains by the imperial road. Not as big as the capital it was still a large city, maybe it could be a good place to stop on my way to the mountains.

Or maybe it would be before to lay low and take the smaller roads, I'm still not sure that the old coots at the Academy won't send someone after me.

I'm waiting just outside of the Eastern gate, ready to chose a way of reaching my destination. Gnash is standing beside me, only moving to pick a crushed rat that was run over by a chariot and eat the bloody carcass. They would have been impressed if they only took the time to look at him more closely. The use of troll flesh and organs helped counter the natural decay that is the main drawback of a flesh golem, the regenerative property of his blood and his ability to digest anything organic make him the perfect low maintenance minion. Of course I never figured how to make him talk or have complex thoughts. The lesser spirit inhabiting the small Keldrin crystal in his chest isn't powerful enough to do more than simple tasks.

I really need a place to stay before thinking of upgrading him.

My decision is made, I will take...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)