More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sky124 Sky124

Whose Journey Will We Begin With?

Durra

Student File Durra:
Sex: Female
Age: 18
Height: 5'2''

Weight: 105 lbs.
Physical Appearance: Brown eyes. Fair skin. Black hair of medium length. Looks a little younger than her pears. Smaller chest and hips.
Notes: Despite her appearance and timidness we think she may have more power than it seems after a certain incident earlier. Although the incident did solve mysteriously solve itself, so perhaps I am mistaken....

Status: Student of Interest.

__

Tyger, North Maleficus home for orphaned children; 6 thirty in the morning, day of The Application.

Durra chewed on her thumb as she looked at the various items laid out on her bed in front of her. She looked at one, consulted her mental checklist, nodded, and moved to the next. None of the others were even awake yet so she had the quiet she needed to think. She would make Th Application. She wanted to be ready and to have everything she needed. She had already bathed and dressed in her midnight-colored blouse and skirt. He socks were pulled tightly up to her knee, he moccasins were clean, and her glasses were spotless. Her unruly hair was the only wild card. But nothing Durra did seemed to help it. All she could do was try to balance it out with the pretty pink flower resting above her ear.

Satisfied she had everything she would need Durra placed all of her items into her carpet back and snapped it shut. She then picked up her wand. The size of her fist it was made of glass and perfectly round. Durra pulled out her glasses cloth and rubbed off a smudge. She was about to slip her wand into the pouch on her hip when a hand came down and snatched it out of her hands.

“What'ya got there four-eyes?” Gurga said from behind her.

Durra whipped around to see the unnaturally tall girl standing behind her, still in her pajamas.

“Give that back, please,” Durra said. “I need it.”

Gurga laughed. “You do! how silly of me!” She began tossing it to herself. “And here I thought I was just going to smash it onto the floor.”

Durra tried to jump to grab it but Gurga pulled it away.

“Whoa, there, Dopey. You aren't trying to challenge The Great Gurga, are you?”

“Please give it back!” Durra said.

“Why should I? What's in it for me?”

Durra stamped her foot and opened her mouth the speak but was cut off by a barrage of laughter from Gurga.

“We're foot-stamping now? You're too stupid!” Gurga mockingly pounded her own heel onto the ground. “Oh-no! Duwa's mad. I bettew do what she says ow she's gonna huwt me.”

Flushing a bright red Durra dipped her head. “What do you want it for anyway? My wand's no use to you. You use a willow branch.”

“No use to me? Of course it's useful! If I have it you have to do whatever I tell you!”

“No I don't. If Miss Maur hears about this you'll be cleaning bathrooms. Again.”

Gurga gave a barely perceptible flinch. “Go ahead. I'll just head out to The Application while waiting. I know you won't need your wand until then anyway.”

Of course Gurga was right. Durra didn't have the time to do that. It would take hours to get through to Miss Maur. And Durra needed her wand back now. She had to make The Application.

“What do you want?” Durra muttered.

Gurga leaned in and cupped her hand behind her ear. “What did you say?”

“I said, what do you want?”

What does Gurga want?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)