More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by The Marksman The Marksman

Turn Conditional Variables on, select Standard Slay and Pay and enjoy

Dramatis Personae

Alliance citizens and military

The Carters:

Francis Carter, nee Dubois - deceased - A reformed smuggler, privateer and patriot for the Confederation during the war. He married Charlotte and took her name to gain the required legitimacy post-war. They were happy for a time, but like many families, eventually fell on hard times when their business began to fail. In the end, he died penniless, though he was remembered as a good man. He was always Adam's hero.

Adam Carter - smuggler/thief, 22 - the 'hero' of the story. A physical prodigy, thanks to traits passed on by his gene-modded mother; he's not dumb either, but as Miss Fox says, he's a 'try charm, try gun, try charm AGAIN, then maybe make a plan, type of guy'. There's a rough edge on Adam, after his father died, he chose to drop out of the Citadel, to try and save the company and he's been to run with lowlives, gangsters and thieves ever since, running guns and stealing ships, the wrong side of the tracks has rubbed off on him.

Charlotte Carter -

CEO of Carter Exploration and Transport, 42 - The Carter's aren't one of the 40 families, but they are an old bloodline, and until the Typhon Plague, a very wealthy one. Like most wealthy Alliance families, Charlotte and her sister had postpartum genetic modification; she's stronger, faster, smarter, and seemingly ages at half the speed you would expect. Headstrong and proud, ruthless even, Charlotte is driven by a deep love of her family and haunted by the memory of the last time she let her guard down. There's nothing she wouldn't do to protect them. She'll smash anyone who gets in her way, including her son, if need be.

Cindi Carter -

Student at the Academy, 18 - The Carter's lone daughter. A genius level IQ doesn't mean she doesn't like to party. She left home for the Alliance Academy, a top tier science program at a young age, now she's finishing her graduate thesis on a semi abandoned station; one that her family bought and had towed just outside of Alliance space into the Rim. She's crazy smart, naughty, and a little bitchy, a perfect spoiled princess, who has some very unprincess-like thoughts about Space Pirates, and just what they might her to do. Rumor is she's still a virgin.

Katerina Carter -

Professor of Xenobiology at the Citadel, 39 - Charlotte's younger sister. She was sheltered by her big sis from the worst of life when their family was destroyed during the Plague and as such, she kept some of her innocence that Charlotte couldn't. As an adult, she's bubbly and kind, but don't let that fool you, the same iron determination runs in her genetically superior veins. An inverse to Charlotte's ice queen persona, she seems to make friends wherever she goes, breaks hearts too. She had Sam young, to an unknown father, but raised her with enough love for two parents. She became a xenobiologist, and is a research professor at the Citadel.

Samara Carter -

Alliance marine Sgt., 21 - Sam doesn't know who her father was, but Francis and Charlotte were like a second set of parents to her, which was good, because Kat... She basically grew up with her cousins. Adam was like a brother to her, best friend and rival to her all in one. She spent her youth fighting with him back to back with him against anyone who challenged them, and often fighting AGAINST him. It didn't matter though, they were thick as thieves, always scheming, sneaking off to explore, have adventures. They never told anyone, but they were each other's first kiss. She carried a torch for her cousin for a long time after that, but time keeps, keeping on. They saw less and less of each other as the years went by. Nearly strangers by the time Adam went to the Citadel, they caught on like fire when she joined a year later, but had a bad falling out when she wouldn't come with him when he dropped out. Sam couldn't leave it all behind, and they haven't spoken since. She's a hell of an NCO though, top of her class, body like a cracked whip and deadeye with her rifle.

Viola Alvarez -

Student at the Academy, 18 – Cindi's best frenemy. Heiress and socialite. Little bitch just loves to fuck and party, life already gave her lemonade, why does she NEED lemon cake? She's got a real attitude problem. And a elitism problem. And a problem. This girl is a problem.

Imani Khan -

Student at the Academy, 19 - Another of Cindi's little clique. Athlete and scholar, descendant of the infamous Khan bloodline, which leads the Alliance military. She's in her rebellion phase, maybe you can use that?

Bianca Tsuzuki -

Student at the Academy, 20 – Gamehead, artist, influencer. She's such a slut. Sweet but dumb as a rock. She always had a thing for Adam and a little bit of one for Cindi, too. Her family wants her married off and out of their hair already.

Mckenzie McGillis -

Pump jockey and tech enthusiast, 22 - She's got a hell of a strong will. Looks a fair bit like Adam's mom, Charlotte. But that's probably a coincidence.

Colonel Agnetti - Commander of Thiidian military base, 63 - A military lifer with an burning desire for vengeance.

Captain Valero - Alliance officer, mid 30s - A soldier stationed on Thiidian.

Specialist Simon Teller - ECD tech, late 20s - A bored technician on Thiidian.

Confederate citizens and military

Quarterback - biological age early 30s, chronological age 57 - A Confederate Black Ops agent, working on an unknown assignment.

Amiral van der Byl - Commnder of the Kalais and officer charged with their top secret mission.

Lt. Gaeta - van der Byl's aide de camp, 20s - Graduated top of his class. Believes in the mission.

Sgt. Hoshi - Kalais marine, late 40s - She's too old for this shit.

Others/unknown

Miss (Valerie) Fox -

Pirate, 27 - Armed only with a stiff upper lip and the Tec-99 Sniper Rifle, what's a high society girl like her, doing in a place like Rim?

Crisis Team -

Covert unit, age [redacted] - A group of supersoldiers working for [redacted]. They possess special abilities courtesy of [redacted]. Before our story begins they were on containment duty, now they're on the hunt for Adam.

Crisis-1 - The ice-cold head of the outfit. Former spec ops.
Crisis-2 - A sadistic junkie possessing a dark charisma, the go-to man for and slaughter
Crisis-3 - Quiet. Sniper.
Crisis-4 - Tech and demo. Crisis-2 hates his guts and the feeling is very mutual.
Crisis-5 - The muscle. He's well over two meters tall and 250 kilos. Surprisingly friendly, but not your friend.

Crisis-Leader - the term by which members of the unit refer to their commanding officer. Crisis-1, at the start of the story.

I also made thread in the forum for questions/discussion.

https://forum.chyoa.com/threads/rise-of-typhons-2869.4657/

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)