More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by LearRagnos LearRagnos

What's next?

Dramatis Persona

The Thief

The Thief: Mirisviel

A Noblewoman-turned-dashing rouge who once tried to abandon her roots in favor of acting as a Robinhood-esque figure, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. She has since returned to the fold as and taken up her noble titles because they better enable her to redistribute wealth – though she still pulls off the dashing rouge stuff on the side.

She’s purchased items from you before, and you’ve bought things from her in turn, and the two of you therefore have a casual business relationship. She’s come to your tower because you have a sales pitch to offer her and you’ve never invited her in before. She’s here for magic items… and because she’s confident Wizards hoard more wealth than they know what to do with.

She’s not wrong, but still.

The Paladin

The Knightess

The Paladin and the Knightess: Bernadett and Lily

Bernadett is a Paladin devoted to her lady, the Goddess of Flowers. Lily is a wandering swordswoman of nearly unparalleled skill and the unknowing incarnation of Bernadett’s goddess. Gods, you see, are often more bored than both Elves and Wizards combined.

Together, they are extremely gay and saphic. That means they are rooming together, must be dealt with together, and that there will likely be complicated feelings involved no matter what you try to do. Also, messing with the secret and unknowing incarnation of a Goddess can get… sticky. And not in the fun way.

They’re here because Lily is far too entertained by the idea of a Wizard-hosted tournament and Bernadett is entertaining her while on high alert for Wizardry. Faking or even genuinely hosting such a thing might be entertaining, but for now you just have to be an unimposing host.

The Bard

The Bard: Galani the Mirthful

Elves, as immortal and ageless wanderers, often suffer from the same curses as wizards do. Galani is a frighteningly old Elf who has reached an age such that she eschews all responsibility and station in favor of traveling the land, collecting music and song and spreading them herself. Sexually and emotionally liberated, Galani is therefore deceptively young in spirit – but only because she’s too wizened to act jaded.

She was one of your teachers once upon a time. She helped you realize your passions. She’s come with you to spend the week and catch up while relentlessly mocking you, as is her right. You don’t mind. Both of you know what you’re likely to do to her, and she’s looking forward to it. Such is her boredom. She’s walked into far too many traps for either of you to expect anything else.

The Berserker

The Berserker: Shuten Doji

Shuten Doji is, plain and simple, a monster. Eight feet of deceptively slim muscle, malice, and anger, wrapped up in the guise of a respectful, elegant, and graceful leader. She lives for her vices and she’s the undisputed ruler of all Oni for it. She’s the sort of person even Wizards can owe favors… provided they don’t have subtle means of taking care of their debts.

She’s come to your tower now because you’ve told her you’re more than willing and able to house her and offer her a number of items (and services) in order to finally relieve yourself of what you’re owed. Whether or not she’d interested in collecting her dues will be immaterial once she’s been in your tower for long enough.

The Sorcerer

The Sorcererss: Yenna

Sorcerers! Hacks and frauds, the lot of them! Even Elven Sorcereresses. They don’t learn, they just do, and get more skilled at it when they do. Where’s the math? The precision? The decades spent delicately measuring the most abstract variables to try and find evidence supporting the existence of a special extra-tiny particle or that Ghosts are real?!?

An actually young elf this time, the current student of Galani who is unfortunately not yet well versed in reading her whims. You’ll try not to hold your hatred for sorcerers against the inexperienced and unsure girl trying her best to pretend otherwise. Keyword try.

The Monk

The Monk

The Monk: Kali Yuga

A white-haired and otherworldly Monk who restrains herself, waiting for the day she must commit her whole being to a singular and great act of . When she is not attempting to smother all thought in her head she is a thoughtful, curious, but oddly sheltered young woman. Don’t discuss religion around her. Or else.

You once met her while trying to gather lilies from the hidden mountain spring she was attempting to meditate in. You do not know how long she had been there or for how long she intended to stay there, but she struck up a conversation with you when you were willing to let her stay in meditation. A minor friendship was struck that day – and now you’ve invited her to your home beneath the not technically false claim that you’ve created items which might help her to clear her mind and meditate.

The Saintess

Information Unavailable

What's next?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)