More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by GenericEditor168 GenericEditor168

Which Character's Story Do You Wish To Read?

Dracdradis Shaon'tyr, Half-Dragon Mage

In a forest on one of the unnamed islands that ring Vineland, there is a fire. Not a blue seeing-light summoned by a wizard, nor a towering inferno summoned by an enraged magician, elemental, or god, nor even a forest fire made by unlucky circumstance.

This is a campfire, slowly burning down, and around it are the tents and sleeping bags of those that inhabit the camp. All told, there are five sleeping bags and one tent, several of the occupants of a bag sleeping beneath the stars.

In the tent, Dracdradis Shaon'tyr rests. Once, he was a magic-wielding assistant to one of the dragons that had made the region their home, but after the knights of Balinarisha invaded, supported by a few units of mercenaries from the Hencentic League, killed the dragons and claimed the land as their own, he was into exile, lucky to escape with his head attached to his neck, for the knights did not simply target the dragons, but also the dragon's offspring, reptilian allies, and, when they refused to join in with the knight's crusade, the local human population.

Shaon'tyr is half-dragon, a product of a mating between a copper dragon and a human man. When he escaped, he did so along with a handful of kobolds, the smaller reptilians tagging along with the large half-dragon for protection, though over the weeks in the woods he's learned that they're competent in their own rights.

Now, he stirs, gets up, and looks out through the tent flap. His followers rest peacefully, but there is something else out there, something that may well threaten the tranquillity he has built up out here...


1: What kind of magic user is he? (Note that regardless of chosen class, he has some of the power of a sorcerer, being directly descended from a dragon...)

1a: Pure sorcerer.

1b: Wizard.

1c: Cleric (when you choose this option, also pick a god)

1d: Spellsword - trained as a Fighter, but also uses sorcerous abilities.

1e: Bard.

2: Who are the Kobolds he escaped alongside? (Pick four, and also note gender by putting M or F in with the option. A vote should therefore look like this: 2 aM bM cF dF)

2a: Zikzolun, a fencing-focused fighter.

2b: Zaskrisgon, a crossbow-loving ranger.

2c: Rasgrik, an alley rat, pickpocket, and all-around Rogue.

2d: Daalzon, a bard with an interest in the Viol.

2e: Rhemzirk, a paladin of Bahumut.

2f: Vholzes, a warlock with a fairie pact.

2g: Qazurk, a kobold with no class but a lot of luck.

2h: Dussrukim, a former whore and pickpocket.

3: What’s moving around outside the camp?

3a: Nothing. It was his imagination/paranoia.

3b: Another refugee.

3c: A magical entity, not hostile but not friendly either...

3d: A random monster (a true, non-sentient, monster).

3e: Humans!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)