More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Gfoxx2 Gfoxx2

Oh man, I hope that dog's going to be okay.

Don't worry, I'm sure nothing will go wrong or get weird.

Roy knew there was no way this machine would do anything, but he still felt a little guilty as he pressed the Engage button on the touchscreen. While none of Sam's pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo had gotten him anywhere near an actual scientific discovery, the whole device looked dangerous and intimidating. Maybe it was because Roy was certain his buddy must have salvaged this equipment from a landfill, although he had to admit Sam had done a decent job cleaning it.

His guilt soon turned to worry, as the machine began emitting a whirring, humming noise, beginning low and rising in intensity, as a white light began to pour out from inside the booth. For a moment, he heard a loud bark from Geddy, and turned to Sam in alarm, who simply flashed him an excited thumbs up. Surprisingly, after the first bark, the dog inside was silent; not that it made Roy any less upset. The machine got louder and louder, but Roy kept his eyes on Sam the whole time, staring daggers into him.

"Don't worry, Roy! All according to plan!" Sam shouted across the room over the rising cacophony of the machine.

"I swear to Jeebus, if anything bad happens, I'll suplex you on this concrete!" Roy shouted back. He had no idea what was going on inside that phone booth, but if all these lights and noises were any indication, it probably wasn't very good.

Soon enough, with a loud CRACK, the machine's whirring began to slow down, and Roy stopped looking at Sam to regard the machine. They stood there in silence for a moment; while Sam seemed to be waiting for something, Roy was a little afraid to open the door.

Roy jumped back, though, when he heard a cute feminine voice shouting from the other side of the door. "Can I come out now Sam?" it cried, a little muffled inside the device.

Before Roy could ask any questions though, Sam responded as though this was all very expected. "Yes you may! I believe the first test has unfortunately yielded a null result!"

The door to the phone booth opened, and through the billowing smoke pouring out of the machine, a figure emerged. Nothing could have prepared Roy for what had happened.

Alright yeah, there's a girl now, but what happened to the dog?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)